Not applicable

Where did Cristina Carlino go?

Taken from a blog here on QVC:

"In 1996, Cristina Carlino created philosophy and, wanting to recreate how women wear fragrance, she asked them, "would you like to give fragrance a makeover?" Women responded with an overwhelming…"YES!"

Just wondering if the departure, or no show of Cristina is correlated with the disappointment many of us long time Philosophy fragrance users have now in the current state of many of the products. Cristina's question of, " Would you like to give fragrance a makeover" seems to be the case with whoever has done what they have with Philosophy's current fragrances. They used to be my SUPER FAVS and now sit on the dresser. Why mess with a GREAT thing?

Maybe its just me...but I'm betting not.

Contributor

Re: Where did Cristina Carlino go?

Well, I've pretty much given up on philosophy. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a fragrance that lasts only 5 minutes.

Baby grace and unconditional love were my favorites; before Coty my dirty clothes used to smell nice, now theirs no scent at all. My husband even asks why don't I wear the perfume I used to wear. So many customers have complained but Coty does not care so I'm just fed up.

I'm going back to buying Garden Botanika on line. You can at least create your own signature fragrances. They have 5 categories of fragrances ;florals, fruits, musks, warm, cool and crisp. So you can review all the fragrances online and pick and choose what you want.

You can buy tiny samples pretty cheap so you can experiment and get the fragrance you want before you place your main order. You can get your fragrance, in perfume, lotion, massage oil, so it's perfect for layering and these fragrances and they last a long time. I've mixed my own fragrance and it's pretty close to unconditional love.

Bonus if you become a member, you get a 15% discount. They also have discounts on super Tuesday ( first Tuesday in the month) and if you're a member you get a additional 10% discount the entire month of your birthday. That's 25% off.

Garden Botanika apparently appreciates their customers, so I'm going back home.

Frequent Contributor

A lot of companies sell to another company. B. Makowsky and Kathy Van Zeeland sold theirs several years ago, Bare Minerals sold out, as did Tova and others that I can't think of right now. This is what is happening these days.

Regular Contributor

On 2/19/2014 luv my Golden said:

A lot of companies sell to another company. B. Makowsky and Kathy Van Zeeland sold theirs several years ago, Bare Minerals sold out, as did Tova and others that I can't think of right now. This is what is happening these days.

I think that's the ultimate plan when a lot of people start their companies. That's the impression I get from Shark Tank (my source for business knowledge! LOL) and the way the BIG money is made. Harry Slatkin did the same thing. Now he and his wife sell assorted fragrance items under the Nest brand. They wait a period of time (usually stipulated in a contract), then start a new company and do it all over again! I guess it won't be long before IT and others follow suit. As another posted stated, it's the American dream.

Respected Contributor

On 12/17/2013 just bee said:
On 12/16/2013 One2watch said:

Cristina created the Grace line because she was sensitive to perfumes but wanted something she could wear. What does she wear now is what I'm wondering?

What an interesting question!

What does she wear now? Money

Super Contributor

She has given up social media all together now she says on her website. She doesn't come to her website either so she said ciao to us all.

Super Contributor

I have a great deal of respect for her. She always seemed true to herself. Her daughter is a tween now. I am sure she is busy with that concept.

She also was part of a tech startup that struggled.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/tag/cristina-carlino/

And it looks like she is working on a personal care company (BIG).

https://www.archetypes.com/article/cristina-carlino

http://www.thefashionspot.com/runway-news/334091-interview-with-the-archetypeme-founders/

THANKS for th info .  akes Me wonder about the brand often as the s ent is too elusive ?... and my auto shpi deals seem great but the scent does go away quite soon after psritizing it on?....well if Christina is no longer part of the package of Philosophy  why do we find her associatd with it her? Or is this my error of thinking?...

The s ents in their perfumes needs tomlast longer thn just a few hours .... does anyone read this to work with th customer on this ?.....

I have stopped a fe auto ships due to the scent journeying off while wearing it ......

lovely scents but they need to last longer and they can still be safe and. ATural.....