Frequent Contributor

Re: Where can I get a good Co Q 10 supplement?

I am definitely on board with Andrew Lessman! It is truly a great supplement! Watch for his TS in the coming months!! And stock up!!
Honored Contributor

didn't Andrew Lessman just do a co Q 10 tsv? my cardiologist just recommended I take it but I believe I missed It :-(
Honored Contributor

He did a TruQ10 TS last month.

I ordered the TruQ10 100 mg and the CoQ10 300 mg. It might be too much for me with the 50 mg of CoQ10 in the multivitamin, I'll have to see. I might drop the CoQ10 down to the 200 mg when I re-order.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I ordered the TruQ10 100 mg and the CoQ10 300 mg. It might be too much for me with the 50 mg of CoQ10 in the multivitamin, I'll have to see. I might drop the CoQ10 down to the 200 mg when I re-order.

didn't he explain that it was basically the same but in a superior formulation? To be honest I was getting a little confused and since I've never taken either it wasn't really on my radar yet
Super Contributor

I bought Qunol liquid when it was $5 off last month at Costco. I like it. I believe the regular price is $30 for a 60 day supply. It is pineapple mango flavor. One dose is 2 tsp. Prior I bought Lessman's.

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Andreatoo said:

didn't he explain that it was basically the same but in a superior formulation? To be honest I was getting a little confused and since I've never taken either it wasn't really on my radar yet

Yes it was a very technical lecture. Plus, he was being exceptionally good about saying one wasn't better than the other and that it really comes down to if you want to fork out the money for it and it's in your budget to buy it. You can still do very well just with CQ10. He said that he wasn't even taking it because the benefit didn't outweigh the cost. Now that the cost has come down, he feels that the benefit is worth the cost. He said he takes 1/3 T and 2/3 C, I think.

What I think he was saying was about the difference in formulas was that the TQ10 absorbs more/better than CQ10. Also, that for maximum uptake you need to take B with it, which is why he gives you the bottle of B with CQ10 for free because he wants to make sure you take it and are getting the most CQ10 in you if you're going to bother taking it (and B is cheap).

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have to tell you, until a few weeks ago when I friend of mine was talking about CQ10 and what a difference it made for her, I never looked at it. For some reason I thought it was for athletes and people with joint problems. I started reading about it at the same time Andrew was on and I had no idea that regular exercisers can benefit from it and that the average person loses 500 mg of CQ10 a day.

I have read a lot about it since Andrew was on and since I've been taking it and I noticed a lot of differences for me after one dose.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Andreatoo said:

Yes it was a very technical lecture. Plus, he was being exceptionally good about saying one wasn't better than the other and that it really comes down to if you want to fork out the money for it and it's in your budget to buy it. You can still do very well just with CQ10. He said that he wasn't even taking it because the benefit didn't outweigh the cost. Now that the cost has come down, he feels that the benefit is worth the cost. He said he takes 1/3 T and 2/3 C, I think.

What I think he was saying was about the difference in formulas was that the TQ10 absorbs more/better than CQ10. Also, that for maximum uptake you need to take B with it, which is why he gives you the bottle of B with CQ10 for free because he wants to make sure you take it and are getting the most CQ10 in you if you're going to bother taking it (and B is cheap).

thank you. The irony here is that I need to take it to un cloud the damage of my Medication which is funny when I can't remember what he said about them Oye! lol
Honored Contributor

I know that he said people who take certain medications (I think blood pressure was a big one) need to take it because those medications deplete your CQ10.

I read that on WebMD as well although I think Andrew had a longer list of medications/ailments than WebMD has.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

So if you're a heavy exerciser or take certain medications, you are depleting what CQ10 you have in your body and you should think about supplementing.

As for the OPs question, I bought a bottle of Wegmans brand to try and it worked very well for me. I have nothing to compare it to as I haven't started Andrew's yet, but it seems to work very well and they appear fresh.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN