Respected Contributor

Re: When you want your curls to HOLD all day, what do you use?

@beach-mom wrote:

@SandGirl - My hair is thick, wavy/curly, and color treated. I use WEN. I wash and go most of the time and my curls stay in. I recently went to an event in another state. I got to the hotel and was planning to smooth it out a little for the evening. My friend told me to leave it alone. So I did! Once in a while I use a heated brush to make my curls a little smoother, WEN has made all of the difference. At the end of my cleansing routine, I use a little styling cream. I do have WEN light finishing spray, but I rarely use it. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  Thank you.  My hair is stick straight so I don't have any natural curl, I can't just blow and go, my hair is fine and will basically just lay against my head, once styled and SPRAYED nobody would be able to tell how fine my hair is, even my stylist says my hair is deceving because when i walk in it looks all full and then once she washes and blow drys it's like someone elses hair, my hair takes work and product to get it to hold ANY style.

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

@SandGirl  I have very thick heavy hair that is past the bra line. No layers. I use very small electric rollers and spray the strand of hair I am rolling up with Aussie Headstrong Volume Hairspray. It is maximum hold, not the scrunch spray. I brush the curls out and spray again. My curls last all day. I still have enough curl the next day for a curly ponytail. My hair is thick and heavy, not fine.

@texassunflower  Thank you!  I wish I could use electric curlers but with my sched. I have no time to do wash/ do curlers at night so I must wash and style in the morning, I do not get 2nd day hair, I workout in the evening and sweat plus with my age I sweat at night, plus I spray to style my hair and curling over already sprayed hair is impossible and damaging..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Thank you!!  I don't have time to do rollers in the morning, I'm quick with the curling iron since I've curled my hair pretty much daily for over 30 years, I do curl, spray and allow to cool while doing skincare/makeup but I will try the mousse, I normally avoid mousse since it's normally so drying. THANK YOU!!