Esteemed Contributor

Re: When you use a brush for liquid foundation....

It takes me less than a minute to clean a foundation brush - no time at all!  I'd rather clean my brushes every time I use them than deal with leftover gunk or bacteria on them.  

Put a couple pumps of liquid soap or face cleanser in the palm of your hand - wet the brush bristles and swish the brush around in the soap - rinse well under running water while running your fingers thru the bristles..  Done!   No fancy products required.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I have a couple of brushes that I use for my foundation, I wash them everytime I use them.  I could not even imagine reusing a brush with foundation on it from the day before, same thing applies to my beauty blender

Honored Contributor

When I used to use a brush, I would spot clean it daily, and then throughly clean once a week. Now I use a Beauty Blender and that has to be cleaned daily for sure!

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

How often do you clean it? After each use? I normally use my hands but want to try a brush but hate to clean it every single morning after I use it and let it dry over night, is that what you all do?  I am in such a rush in the morning, just don't have time to add in one more thing! lol

Weekly, usually. I spray it with an alcohol-based sanitizer after each use.

Some foundations mean I have to clean more often. Rather than wash more often, I have a few brushes I can cycle between while one is in the "dirty" pile for washing, just like clothes.

Honored Contributor

I clean every brush after I use it with IT Cosmetics Spray brush cleaner (wipe off on a washcloth). I wash my brushes once a month or so. The majority of my brushes are from Japan and it's not recommended to wash them with water too often.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl    I use the Real Technique orange color egg sponge and I wash it after each use.  You may be better off with small wedge sponges that you can use and throw away.  You should clean a brush regularly especially after foundation, I would say immediately because of bacteria.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Botanical Brush Cleaner(TM)

@SandGirl  I have used this brush spray for years by Jane Iredale. The bottle is different but  the product is still the same.