Respected Contributor

When you use a brush for liquid foundation....

How often do you clean it? After each use? I normally use my hands but want to try a brush but hate to clean it every single morning after I use it and let it dry over night, is that what you all do?  I am in such a rush in the morning, just don't have time to add in one more thing! lol

Respected Contributor

Re: When you use a brush for liquid foundation....

@SandGirl wrote:

How often do you clean it? After each use? I normally use my hands but want to try a brush but hate to clean it every single morning after I use it and let it dry over night, is that what you all do?  I am in such a rush in the morning, just don't have time to add in one more thing! lol

@SandGirl   I clean my foundation brush about once a week.  I know it is probably more sanitary to clean it after each use, but I just don't have time for that.  But so far, I have no problems with my skin (cleaning it once a week.)

Honored Contributor

I just use one of those baby wipes daily to clean the brush and actually clean the brush with soap and water infrequently. I'm thinking about going back to using my fingertips again, I think it's more sanitary.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I just use one of those baby wipes daily to clean the brush and actually clean the brush with soap and water infrequently. I'm thinking about going back to using my fingertips again, I think it's more sanitary.

Ya - Even at 47 my pores clog easy even though I cleanse and use toner morning and night, I worry that the brush and not cleaning it will clog them...

Valued Contributor

I use Huggies Natural Care baby wipe immediately after use.  Clean weekly with mild soap. 

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

For daily quick-cleanings try using micellar water on a paper towel and swipe your brush across that. Works really well without leaving any residue.

Valued Contributor

I clean my brush after each use of liquid or cream products. 

Respected Contributor

I do clean mine daily after each use. If I am in a rush and don't want to  take the time to clean it properly, then I use IT Cosmetics Brush Cleaner. 

Respected Contributor

Uh oh!  I hardly ever clean my brushes, I never think about it.  I use them and put them away and forget about them.  I guess I need to do a better job.

Honored Contributor

If you use foundation daily, clean it 1X/week. In between applications, I take a tissue & squeeze any excess off the brush. 

I use Johnson’s baby soap & water, and clean it until the water is clear in a glass. Then I squeeze the excess water off with a towel & hang upside down to air dry overnight. If you can’t hang it upside down, lay it on its side so the air reaches both sides.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼