Honored Contributor

Re: 've decided at 83that I am fine with this lRe: When you are in your 80's - or if you're in your

@beautybee wrote:

@ECBG You are doing all the right things to look as wonderful as you do. Speedwalking is great!  I am going to look into the beach hat and glasses. I don't use either of those and I think I am due for a purchase. Thank you so much for your reply. You have truly inspired me.

@beautybee,Thank you!  I researched my hat for you. I bought the Luxury Divas Tan Wide Brimmed Floppy Hat with Black Ribbon Hat Band and it's still available on amazon.  I did have to sew two pieces of wide ribbon to tie under the back of my hair to keep it from blowing off.  When I first recieved that I knew I'd have to do that.  Works great!

Honored Contributor

Re: When you are in your 80's - or if you're in your 80's

@Pancho wrote:

@DREAMON- right there with you.  Would LOVE to know who Jane's surgeon is!!!!  That's a facelift done perfect.  Not that I'll ever have the money for one....

I have read several articles about her appearance and they all say she admits to having surgery but does not mention the surgeons name....I too was very curious. 

Valued Contributor

Re: 've decided at 83that I am fine with this lRe: When you are in your 80's - or if you're in your

@ECBG That was so nice of you!! Thank you so much! Off to Amazon.Heart

Honored Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

@ECBG That was so nice of you!! Thank you so much! Off to Amazon.Heart

@beautybeeThese Oakleys are the closest to mine.  The nose and ear piece can be reordered (bought).  Protect your eyes and esp. the skin around them.  My lens and visor are over 20 years old.  They're skier's glasses and take out all of the glare even driving in rain!

Image result for oakley wrap around sunglasses for women

Honored Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

@rochelleS Wow!  Your mother was a beauty!!  

I love the way Rita Moreno looks in her eighties:

Image result for rita moreno

I saw her on Jon Oliver’s show the other night.  Her hair is striking.  Does anyone think it might be a wig?  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG Thank you for the sunglass info.! I am going to look into those to order. I really need better sun protection even though I wear sunscreen all the time. But I do need to upgrade to a good hat and glasses. So thank you for researching all that information for me. You look so great and I really get happy when I see a lady who looks so good and goes about it in a natrual and affordable way. 

@tansy I do believe she wears wigs. What I love about her is that she still has a great figure and she just moves around so easily, like a young person. It must be all those years training as a dancer. 

Honored Contributor

I have a way to go until I'm 80 and hopefully I'll get there. I do have the genes for aging well, so I'm hopeful on that count too. My mother died young at 65, but her sister is still alive and well at 83 and she looks good for 83. I some time think we think we look better and younger than we really do for our age. If you look in the mirror and are happy with what you see, then who cares. I have seen many older women on the street who are not dressed or made up appropriately for their age and to me it's almost scary. Again, if they feel good, more power to them. As far as wanting to look like a movie star, ah no, at any age.

Trusted Contributor

You are awesome, @StylishLady!

Respected Contributor

I will always try to be fashionable without looking age inappropriate. A few years ago I saw a woman who was in her 80's who looked like she was trying to look like her daughter. The look just did not go for her. Probably will never go gray. Nothing against those who do. It's just not for me. The other day I was in an ice cream shop with my grandson. The owner was asking me about my hair color. She had gone gray over a year ago and wasn't happy. She asked if she could take a picture of my hair to show her stylist. I am 68 and would guess that she might be my age. She wanted to add blonde highlights to blend with her gray. It was quite a nice compliment.

Honored Contributor

At 80, I’d like to look like my Aunt Bertye (my Dad’s sister). I have photos of her much younger and we resemble each other....coloring, size, etc.

Although she lived 2 hrs. from NYC in small town upstate NY, she went into the city once a month for a good hair cut & facial. She took great care of her skin, always wore a large hat in summer, no spf yet, and dressed very tailored. She always wore her pearls...the ones I inherited. I remembered she smelled great. I think Chanel #5. 

She’s my role model for 80. She lived until 91 and passed away 10 yrs. ago in her sleep wearing, as always, a lace & satin nightgown, just for herself to feel pretty.