Respected Contributor

Re: 've decided at 83that I am fine with this lRe: When you are in your 80's - or if you're in your

[ Edited ]

Looking back, it's kind of ironic as at one time I wondered what I would wear as I got older. Then it came to me. Why not wear what you always liked, and adopt newer styles that you enjoy wearing. It's everyone's personal choice and that is what I decided to do. I realize that I am fortunate that I can still wear high heels. Everyone should just enjoy what they like. Life is too short for worry.

Here's an outfit I wore this past winter. It does get chilly enough.

OTKbootd2-1_14_18.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: When you are in your 80's - or if you're in your 80's

@StylishLady

1CB363CC-48E5-4550-8F13-3D0891A68879.jpeg 

Gosh, I hope I still have my mojo when I’m your age. You look Ab Fab!

i imagine I’ll be between Judi and Jane. I’m not going whole hog with my face but Botox and fillers I can totally see myself trying and see how I like it. 

Honored Contributor

When  I am in my 80's I hope I look alive.  I hope people don't expect to like me for how I look.  I hope I don't look like an Old Fool.

I have no thought of looking like a movie star.  I don't think that will be high on my list if God is merciful enough to let me be in my 80's and still alive and able to get around and enjoy things.  I just want to get there. 

Valued Contributor

If I reach 80 I'm not going to worry about my beauty. It is after all skin deep. I'm more concerned with being healthy, active and strong. Working out is hugely important to me and I believe that to be the fountain of youth. Ernatine Shepard is a huge inspiration. 

Honored Contributor

I will just look like myself. At 60 I don't have the wrinkles Jane does in that pic.

Dame Judi Dench does not look like she's in her 80's. She looks great.

Honored Contributor

Good nutrition is also a part of the total health picture in addition to good skin care and sun screen.
Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I believe that is a current picture of Jane Fonda from the Book Club promos.  I assume that it has been touched up.

@Katcat1 and @chrystaltree - @mac116 is right. That picture of Jane Fonda was taken directly from the movie, so it is recent. It hasn't been touched up, other than the stage makeup for the movie.

Dame Judi claims to have had no plastic surgery. 

@rochelleS - Your mom was beautiful! I am so sorry you lost her.

Honored Contributor

@ECBGi am going to tkke your advice because you are stunning and very youthful looking.You also seem to be very vibrant and energetic.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes she was beautiful, @beach-mom. When she was younger with darker hair she resembled Elizabeth Taylor. Her eyes were ice blue though. 

Thank you and @YorkieonmyPillow for your kind words.

Respected Contributor

Oscars 2018 

Image result for jane fonda 2018

Related image