Frequent Contributor

Re: When will that other channel

They find a way to charge you even when YOU pay for the return shipping!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Trix wrote:

The not refunding original s&h is a deterrent to shopping with Evine.  Even if the original shipping is a low amount, in the event of a return you lose that plus the amount of the easy return label fee -- or whatever it cost for postage without using easy return. In other words a $3 s&h could turn into a $10 or more loss.  $10 isn't going to change my life, but I'm not in the habit of just dropping money willy nilly. 

For this reason I don't buy a lot from Evine.  The majority of my Evine purchases are from two brands I like, and can buy elsewhere, but get the best prices at Evine: Borghese and Beekman.

QVC doesn't either. Does HSN?

@HappyDaze, yes HSN does. They are the only channel that does.  Besides QVC and Evine, JTV and Liquidation Channel don't refund original s/h either. 

I suspect HSN is going to change shortly. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Lipstickdiva good to know. I've never returned anything to hsn before. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think Evine lowers S&H on some. I just picked up Consult's supplements with a 1.99 S&H. And they give some Beauty vendors low S&H when they are pushing or when the vendor "picks up" some of the cost. I just won't buy huge S&H. I wouldn't mind if I was positive of a no-return piece, but otherwise, no.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Trix wrote:

The not refunding original s&h is a deterrent to shopping with Evine.  Even if the original shipping is a low amount, in the event of a return you lose that plus the amount of the easy return label fee -- or whatever it cost for postage without using easy return. In other words a $3 s&h could turn into a $10 or more loss.  $10 isn't going to change my life, but I'm not in the habit of just dropping money willy nilly. 

For this reason I don't buy a lot from Evine.  The majority of my Evine purchases are from two brands I like, and can buy elsewhere, but get the best prices at Evine: Borghese and Beekman.

QVC doesn't either. Does HSN?

@HappyDaze, yes HSN does. They are the only channel that does.  Besides QVC and Evine, JTV and Liquidation Channel don't refund original s/h either. 

I suspect HSN is going to change shortly. 

@Lipstickdiva

What is the liquidation channel you speak of? !

Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

The shipping charges do not stop me from buying various items from Evine; I'm most happy with my clothing and jewelry purchases.

However, I have noticed that their shipping charges have gone up a lot. I recall when shipping on most clothing was about $2.99 - $3.99. Now it seems that $4.99 is the threshold.

@sandraskates  Almost all of their better jewelry ships for $6.99, so you order 3 rings.  Although separate orders, they are shipped together in a brown padded envelope.  So there you are with 3 little cardboard jewelry boxes, an envelope and you just paid $21.00 for shipping.  They are shipped the cheapest way possible so it probably cost them maybe $3-4., could have been less.

Ah @Kachina624 I know, I know. :-) <nodding my head in agreement>

But I was wearing some Betsey Johnson earrings and my step-daughter really liked them. So I bought a pair to give to her for Christmas. And I bought the Betsey Johnson 3-bracelet set for her sister. Sometimes I just bite the bullet and do it. I have been very please with that jewelry line and also purchased some black cat earrings - and the shipping was another $6.99!