Honored Contributor

Re: When will that other channel

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I have put on the brakes so many times when I see what the s&h costs are going to be.

And QVC gets ya if you want to send it back.

I suppose, though, that if they were to ship free both ways that they'd just raise the item price.

But Evine gets you even worse.  They don't refund the original s/h either. 

Respected Contributor

Keep complaining to customer service by email. I write to them and on every review I make mention of the ridiculous shipping. I always make sure I let them know, I will not make a purchase with $7 shipping fees. Stick to your guns...and wait till they offer some type of discount. They really bug me...last week I got 20% off coupon...so what did they do?? They removed several items...next day, they're back up. I ORDERED NOTHING! But I plan on letting them know. If they have decent business management, sooner or later they'll catch on. I hope enough of us keep complaining and just hold off on orders.
Regular Contributor

I tend to order from Evine when they have those $10.00 off or free shipping days. It's great when those days match a time I'm ordering a TTV. All I know is it'll be a cold day in heck when QVC shaves ten bucks off the price of anything.
Trusted Contributor

The shipping charges do not stop me from buying various items from Evine; I'm most happy with my clothing and jewelry purchases.

However, I have noticed that their shipping charges have gone up a lot. I recall when shipping on most clothing was about $2.99 - $3.99. Now it seems that $4.99 is the threshold.

Honored Contributor

I have passed up alot of beauty items from Evine because of their shipping and handling but they have started to offer 20% coupon codes lately so that usually covers s/h + a little more so that is good.

HSN seems to have free s/h alot and they send me coupon codes all the time so that is when I purchase things I need like Tweak-d.

QVC is the worst with s/h and they never give out coupon codes so they lose alot of my business. Too many other choices out there with better deals.

Esteemed Contributor

Yea, they send the 20 percent off coupons after the fact.  lol lol

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

The shipping charges do not stop me from buying various items from Evine; I'm most happy with my clothing and jewelry purchases.

However, I have noticed that their shipping charges have gone up a lot. I recall when shipping on most clothing was about $2.99 - $3.99. Now it seems that $4.99 is the threshold.

@sandraskates  Almost all of their better jewelry ships for $6.99, so you order 3 rings.  Although separate orders, they are shipped together in a brown padded envelope.  So there you are with 3 little cardboard jewelry boxes, an envelope and you just paid $21.00 for shipping.  They are shipped the cheapest way possible so it probably cost them maybe $3-4., could have been less.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The not refunding original s&h is a deterrent to shopping with Evine.  Even if the original shipping is a low amount, in the event of a return you lose that plus the amount of the easy return label fee -- or whatever it cost for postage without using easy return. In other words a $3 s&h could turn into a $10 or more loss.  $10 isn't going to change my life, but I'm not in the habit of just dropping money willy nilly. 

For this reason I don't buy a lot from Evine.  The majority of my Evine purchases are from two brands I like, and can buy elsewhere, but get the best prices at Evine: Borghese and Beekman.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I've stated before I consider the s & h in the total price of the item; more often than not it's still a better deal than elsewhere.

The straw that broke this little camel's back is the apathetic USELESS customer service!

I recently cancelled ALL of my auto deliveries due to their mistakes and their outright REFUSAL to fix them!

When I delay a delivery and you tell me it's on its way anyway then that's your fault! Cancel the order! Don't tell me it's in the 'shipping process' and there's nothing you can do! IT HASN'T SHIPPED YET!!!

For the record I did return a damaged shirt and received my s&h back both ways...

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

The not refunding original s&h is a deterrent to shopping with Evine.  Even if the original shipping is a low amount, in the event of a return you lose that plus the amount of the easy return label fee -- or whatever it cost for postage without using easy return. In other words a $3 s&h could turn into a $10 or more loss.  $10 isn't going to change my life, but I'm not in the habit of just dropping money willy nilly. 

For this reason I don't buy a lot from Evine.  The majority of my Evine purchases are from two brands I like, and can buy elsewhere, but get the best prices at Evine: Borghese and Beekman.

QVC doesn't either. Does HSN?