Honored Contributor

Re: When washing your face.....

Great!!!

Now I just need something that keeps the water off the walls, floor and ceiling.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Great solution to something that has kept me from using water on face at night for at least 20 years! I've always used just a cream and wiped it off but a few months ago I changed it up and began using a cleanser. Every night I tell myself to "man up" and deal with wet sleeves Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Great idea, thanks!

Er... Do they offer a full body / floor band?

Maybe an inverted umbrella?

I splash like a duck 🦆 💦🦆💦🦆💦🦆💦🦆💦💦💦

@Drythe 

Better-half says the same thing about me.  In fact, he says he fully expects to see me _ss-up in the sink one day.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

lol!  everyone loves this!! and I'm a little surprised they do.  All I can think of is having these soaked thick wristbands that have to hang to dry twice a day, washing them often, etc.  seems like way more trouble to me than rolling my sleeves way up.  many times honestly I wash my face without my top on (probably tmi), but I do tend to make somewhat of a mess waterwise and am not sure even those wrist things would be enough for me.  Happy for the inventors of this that it is popular.  To anyone who buys, report back how you like them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Washing your face over the tub eliminates ALL these problems.  Having said that, I don't know how comfortable it would be with the average height woman and the average height tub (assuming the master has a tub).  I'm short (5'3/4") with a 20in tall tub so it's quite comfy and actually feels good on my lower back.  No drippage, no wet arms and elbows, no wet counters, walls and floors.  Also, being my height, I don't  have the torso length to adequately bend over the sink enough for this to be tidy.  The position it puts my back in is not doable for as long as it takes to do a triple cleanse.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Then those wrist things get all wet... too much trouble.

I WOULD like something to keep the water from the faucet to not splash all around the sink when washing and rinsing my face... that is more of an issue than water running down my wrists... I put paper towels down now to absorb the splashed water.

@SeaMaiden  I have a problem with splashing water too.  Sometimes I think I get more water around the sink and on the mirror than on my face.   

I usually wash my face over the tub and it does help control the water mess.  Afterward, I just wipe up the floor.

@San Antonio Gal  Because I'm so messy at the sink, I think I may order those wrist bands.  I'll just hang them on a hook in the shower to dry.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat 

@Drythe 

You think there might be a support group out there for us?

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Great idea, thanks!

Er... Do they offer a full body / floor band?

Maybe an inverted umbrella?

I splash like a duck 🦆 💦🦆💦🦆💦🦆💦🦆💦💦💦

@Drythe 

Better-half says the same thing about me.  In fact, he says he fully expects to see me _ss-up in the sink one day.

@Drythe 

LOL ... that is too funny.  I could use a full body floor band!  I splash like a duck tooWoman Wink

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@shy bobcat 

@Drythe 

You think there might be a support group out there for us?

@just bee  LOL ... I could use support but gladly this forum offers great advice for us.

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
Hmmm... I've always used terrycloth washcloths to wash my face so never had that problem. Didnt realize drippy arms was such a crisis! Ha.

@tototwo  I thought I was the only odd one. I’ve always had to scrub my face with a washcloth, every time I wash. I don’t have water running down my wrists standing at the sink. In the shower is different for rinsing.