Honored Contributor

Re: When using a curling iron or flat iron, the product you use for protecting hair ....

@AngelPuppy1   I'm fairly sure that heat tools are to be used on dry hair. A heat protectant or oil is applied before blow drying your hair. if your iron is sizzling, it must mean your hair is still damp in spots. 

Honored Contributor

Re: When using a curling iron or flat iron, the product you use for protecting hair ....

The only thing I use in my hair is some Thickening Serum ... blow dry and then curling iron to turn under the ends.  I don't set it a a high temp, just about mid way on the temp dial.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I used to use curling irons and flat irons all the time but that was eons ago!  And I don't remember using any heat products.  All I did was wash and condition and then dry my hair.  So, this is kind of a new thing for me ---- ???

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

The product is Pantene Heat Primer.  The only thing I can see on the instructions is:  Apply liberally section by section  - prepares hair for heat styling! It is a pump bottle and looks kind of like a clear tyle liquid.  

Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

This product does not mention anything that I can see about wet or dry hair???  I was taking it to mean apply on dry hair but perhaps I am wrong.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Natureluvr 

I know I won't use either appliance daily but probably once a week??  I am just not sure.  Once I wash my hair, I air dry it and let it go.  I never decide until later if I want to curl it a bit or make it straighter so I was wanting something to use on dry hair.  I don't know?? 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

It is Pantene Heat Primer -- It says Thermal Heat Protectant.  Does not say on the bottle any place that I can say whether it is to be used on wet or dry hair??? It says on the back - Shake well before using,  Prepares hair for heat styling.  Apply liberally section by section.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I don't see alcohol listed in this product, but it could be listed by another chemical name.  I was using the curling iron on a lower setting or middle setting because my hair is not real thick any more.  I also did not hold the iron on the piece of hair for very long as I was afraid I would burn it.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

This is a spray and it did seem to make my hair kind of wet even though I tried not to spray very much.  What kind or brand should I look for then that does not make the hair wet??  

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline 

Well, that sounds awful!  My hair is not really thick any more and a bit fragile so I don't need any damage to it.