Trusted Contributor

Re: When running late, can you slap on your makeup and go?

I cannot leave the house w/out doing my eyebrows! They are so sparce, I look like a mime w/out them. Then, I do a very quick hit of mascara and my tinted lp balm is already in my purse.

Frequent Contributor

Most of the time I wear foundation, blush, mascara & lipstick or balm and I'm quick but in a big hurry I swipe on mineral powder & blush. I don't like it when I'm running late because I like to check myself in good light or daylight and I'm paranoid when I can't!!
Honored Contributor

I very seldom wear make-up..I never have. I just apply sunscreen if I am going out. If I am staying in, I just wash and wear fresh skin.

I don't even wear moisterizer..my skin is moist enough.

I try to keep as many chemicals as I can away from me my skin and hair. I don't know if it will help, but I am trying.

Honored Contributor

Not really. When I get short of time and in a rush, I get nervous. The make up never comes out right. I wind up looking like Tammy Faye Baker. I don't take a long time to do make up, I don't use much...but I do not like to be rushed doing it

Honored Contributor

Doing a fast makeup in the morning is not a problem for me! I don't wear much makeup at all any more except for special occasions. I wear concealer, powder and lip gloss. That's it!

It's everything else that takes me so long. Showering, lotion, hair, rest of grooming, finding clothing, shoes and jewelry.

Not to mention the household things I do.

When I was younger, I needed a good1/2 hour alone just to do my face. Sometimes longer. I would not leave the house without a full coat of paint!!! Foundation, concealer, blush, powder, eye-liner, shadows and mascara.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I enjoy doing my makeup as for me it's my relaxation time so as a result can't ever remember running late as I always allow plenty of relaxation time before starting my day. I wouldn't want to try to function with a hectic start and can't imagine why I would ever be running late. I enjoy my workout time and skincare/makeup time.

Respected Contributor

I learned a ""3 minute face"" years ago. Almost 60 now and it's gone to 5 minutes!. Still works in a pinch though!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

If I have to, I can shower and be out the door in 45 minutes. I like to take my time, but I can rush if I have to.

Respected Contributor

If I need to, I can get by with a good dusting of Balance & Brighten, a little blush, eyeliner & tinted lip balm---doesn't take long at all!

Respected Contributor

Years ago I streamlined my makeup experience: 10 minutes from toner, Hydroshield, IT concealer & CC cream, mascara, blush, and the "time taker" recreation of sparse brows, and finally lipstick. Dress or make the bed while the hydroshield mattes. First, you need to go through your stash and streamline activities. It's all about time management, which also works beautifully for clothes, shoes, scarves, etc. ( age 70 )
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill