Honored Contributor

Re: When is Skinn coming to town?

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Watched a few minutes of Dimitri's presentation last nite and my first thought was, "What has he had done to his face?"

I am no expert on facial surgery and fillers and what not (having no experience with any of those things), but his face looks very different.  And I am pretty darned sure it's not the products.

@QueenDanceALot  That was the first thing I thought when I saw him this  morning  for the first time.....Wow! Had some work done.....😶😦 Do not blame him....but he is starting to look a bit plastic ken dollish with that black spray paint hair of his.  He better stop before he looks odd.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Watched a few minutes of Dimitri's presentation last nite and my first thought was, "What has he had done to his face?"

I am no expert on facial surgery and fillers and what not (having no experience with any of those things), but his face looks very different.  And I am pretty darned sure it's not the products.

@QueenDanceALot  That was the first thing I thought when I saw him this  morning  for the first time.....Wow! Had some work done.....😶😦 Do not blame him....but he is starting to look a bit plastic ken dollish with that black spray paint hair of his.  He better stop before he looks odd.

I noticed last nite when he took his glasses off that his eyes had that "stretched out a little too much" look.   Reminded me of how Joan River's eyes kept getting less and less visible the more she had her face "lifted".

Doesn't he tell people that he doesn't have work done?

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I use other products - not just Skinn. But I do use Skinn products daily. I did stock up last July on the cleansers and I'm glad I did because he didn't offer them again during the holiday visit. That is the only thing I will buy in multiples - not 5 or 6, but probably 3 depending on what's in the kit. Same with the cleansing wipes. The good thing with his serums, especially the jumbo of the age reset is I never seem to run out. So all in all, the prices are good for the kits and they last a long time. I do like to try some of the new items like the ICE depuffer. Feels so cool and soothing - I use other eye products though in addition. My perfect kit would be the supersize cleansers, a supersize skin softening essence, a 120 pack of cleansing wipes and a lip 6x balm. Woman LOL

ITA @nycgrl I usually buy 3 of the supersized cleanser Anniversary kits to get me through the year.  No long tetm storage needed. And I'm going to order some extra wipes this time since we use more during summer months at pool, beach, baseball games etc. I was a bit anxious opening our final pack, hoping i dont have to buy a drug store option until the new order is recd..These basics at Anniversary pricing = AWESOME VALUE!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This Day Only $60, $4 s&h

Skinn Cosmetics 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream Elite Duo 1.7 oz Each - 313-256
313-256- Skinn Cosmetics 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream Elite Duo 1.7 oz Each

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I didn't see a thing wrong with his face.  You may want to check your tv set.

Hi @Blingqueen023 - hope you're doing well! I'm not shopping this visit but watching a few shows to see if there are any sneak peeks for July shows. He mentioned the OPA! Fragrance kit which is on my buy list. And I just opened our last package of Skinn wipes, no more stash so I need a reorder pronto! 

Are you shopping the Skinn July Anniversary sale? What's on your list?

@Chi-town girl  Just came back from the doc and got a good report.  Hope you're doing well too.  You better be!!  I wasn't going to buy anything this trip around, but I want to try his tinted moisturizer so purchased the TTV.  I love his orchard gel and his pore cleanser so it was worth the monty..  Was a good deal for what you get .  In July, I haven't really thought about it, but I'm sure there will be something that catches my eye.  It always does, lol  He gets me every time.   Have a happy and healthy July 4th.  I can't wait for a day off work.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an FYI -

For anyone ordering the TSV, the BotaniLift Tinted Moisturizer runs rather dark.  Back up a shade unless your face is very tan at the moment.   

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Just an FYI -

For anyone ordering the TSV, the BotaniLift Tinted Moisturizer runs rather dark.  Back up a shade unless your face is very tan at the moment.   

@JeanLouiseFinch Yep, that's exactly what I did when I ordered the ttv.  I usually wear medium in a foundation, but when I order his CC Cream I order the light.  Ordered the light in the ttv.  It will be a perfect match for me.  I wore his cc cream today for work and the light is a perfect shade.  Out of all the cc creams, I love Dimitri's the best.  You don't even know you have makeup on.  Thanks for posting this for everybody.  For once everything in this ttv I'll use.  Happy July 4th to you!

Super Contributor

Oh no his facial work makes me sad - not doing himself any favors!
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Don't fall for the "buy 5 or 6 hype."  (Unless its one of your staples).  You won't use them up and besides, its more fun to try something new. 

@depglass, I like Dimitri, but I don't care for his hard sell. Something might be a great deal, but for me I can't afford to buy 5 or 6 of the same item.

Although satisfied with D's products, I won't make the mistake of "stocking" up. You never run out of it, and you do like to try new things.

I don't see it as hard sell. Never feel like I'm being pressured. But at $10 per item price points for high quality ingredients, the value kits are great buys. If you use the products daily or regularly,  it makes sense to buy multiples esp if other family members use it. It's an individual choice

I think they all have somewhat of a hard sell when they, well, try to sell their products onair. Isn't that the whole point though- to push a sale? It is a shopping channel after all, lol! But I don't get the people that get upset at vendors for "making" them "feel" a certain way or buying more than they should. No one can make you feel anything and no one is forcing your hand so please don't blame salespeople for doing what they are suppose to do (sell) and for overspending or overpurchasing products. We have free will. We have choice. No one is being forced to do anything. 

I do remember a poster awhile back was doing that very thing- blaming Dimitri for making her buy more than she should have but she's learned her lesson and won't be falling for that again. I just thought wow, how does one really not take personal responsibility for their own actions and spending habits? 

I am not really directing this at anyone in particular. Just putting in my two cents. 

Smiley Happy