Respected Contributor

Re: When is Skinn coming to town?

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Watched a few minutes of Dimitri's presentation last nite and my first thought was, "What has he had done to his face?"

I am no expert on facial surgery and fillers and what not (having no experience with any of those things), but his face looks very different.  And I am pretty darned sure it's not the products.

I didn't see a thing wrong with his face.  You may want to check your tv set.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

I think next week for a quick visit, but the anniversary is the end of next month. Will hold out till then. I'm still well stocked from holiday and occasional purchase. I'm not stocking up anymore - the stuff seems to last forever Woman LOL

Same here, @nycgrl. I had stocked up, and it's taking me forever to use it all up.

I did well for a couple of months but last month I broke down and bought the Hydro-Vital kit. I shouldn't have as I have too much not used yet; however, I like it a lot, and it's great for dry skin and light enough for summer. The Ice eye depuffer is fantastic.

I like to watch and see what he's got, but I'm eager for the anniversary.

Now this just shows how different we are. I totally disliked the Vital line. Greasy looking. The eye depuffer I found to be useless. Different strokes, I guess. That being said, I have the creme reverse as my constant stand by.

@nycgrl @Judaline @febe1 - I don't use the Hydro Vital line.  I like DWP for pm and a combo of Isomers &ERadiance for am but I have seasonal allergy puffy eyes so I'm curious to try the eye balm. But not buying a kit nor will I pay $30 for the supersized balm unless I know I love it/need it

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Don't fall for the "buy 5 or 6 hype."  (Unless its one of your staples).  You won't use them up and besides, its more fun to try something new. 

@depglass, I like Dimitri, but I don't care for his hard sell. Something might be a great deal, but for me I can't afford to buy 5 or 6 of the same item.

Although satisfied with D's products, I won't make the mistake of "stocking" up. You never run out of it, and you do like to try new things.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Watched a few minutes of Dimitri's presentation last nite and my first thought was, "What has he had done to his face?"

I am no expert on facial surgery and fillers and what not (having no experience with any of those things), but his face looks very different.  And I am pretty darned sure it's not the products.

I didn't see a thing wrong with his face.  You may want to check your tv set.

Hi @Blingqueen023 - hope you're doing well! I'm not shopping this visit but watching a few shows to see if there are any sneak peeks for July shows. He mentioned the OPA! Fragrance kit which is on my buy list. And I just opened our last package of Skinn wipes, no more stash so I need a reorder pronto! 

Are you shopping the Skinn July Anniversary sale? What's on your list?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

I think next week for a quick visit, but the anniversary is the end of next month. Will hold out till then. I'm still well stocked from holiday and occasional purchase. I'm not stocking up anymore - the stuff seems to last forever Woman LOL

Yep, its a quick visit 6/27-6/28; only 1 TTV & it might be this kit.

Skinn Cosmetics 5-Piece "Summer Survival" Skincare & Color Collection - 312-950
312-950- Skinn Cosmetics 5-Piece "Summer Survival" Skincare & Color Collection

The Skinn Anniversary shows start July 21! Big shopping month for me with this event and the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Nordstrom early access is July 13, open to all on July 21

@Chi-town girl, I saw this on the website. I may purchase it if it's around $50, I'm not spending the $70 something dollars it is now.

@Jordan2 & all - this is the TTV, price = $50, $3.99 s&h.

They have the bonus size Ice Depuffer tagged as a Try Me but it's the same price of $27 as before. They just slapped on the Try Me label but no price reduction?!?

Evine/Dimitri do that with a new popular product.

With the Depuffer, you will not see some magnificent eye change. It does tighten the undereye a little and a little dark undereye.

What makes it so wonderful: in the summer, it feels so cooling and wonderful on the undereye. It remains icy w/o putting in refrigerator.

They won't be lowering the price for a while.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Don't fall for the "buy 5 or 6 hype."  (Unless its one of your staples).  You won't use them up and besides, its more fun to try something new. 

@depglass, I like Dimitri, but I don't care for his hard sell. Something might be a great deal, but for me I can't afford to buy 5 or 6 of the same item.

Although satisfied with D's products, I won't make the mistake of "stocking" up. You never run out of it, and you do like to try new things.

I don't see it as hard sell. Never feel like I'm being pressured. But at $10 per item price points for high quality ingredients, the value kits are great buys. If you use the products daily or regularly,  it makes sense to buy multiples esp if other family members use it. It's an individual choice

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

Same here, @nycgrl. I had stocked up, and it's taking me forever to use it all up.

I did well for a couple of months but last month I broke down and bought the Hydro-Vital kit. I shouldn't have as I have too much not used yet; however, I like it a lot, and it's great for dry skin and light enough for summer. The Ice eye depuffer is fantastic.

I like to watch and see what he's got, but I'm eager for the anniversary.

Now this just shows how different we are. I totally disliked the Vital line. Greasy looking. The eye depuffer I found to be useless. Different strokes, I guess. That being said, I have the creme reverse as my constant stand by.

Yes, all of our skin is different, @Judaline. I find you don't have to use very much of the cream and serum. A little goes a long way. And for me, it's just very light and perfect for summer.

I like the Creme reverse more in the winter.

There will be different feelings about the eye depuffer. I will reorder again at the right price.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I noticed a difference right way, @QueenDanceALot. He's let his hair grow out much longer; he has larger and different glasses; and I'm afraid he's losing the battle with his weight or has chucked trying.

I've always noticed with those who do Botox that it gives a different look when it's time to do again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I don't see it as hard sell. Never feel like I'm being pressured. But at $10 per item price points for high quality ingredients, the value kits are great buys. If you use the products daily or regularly,  it makes sense to buy multiples esp if other family members use it. It's an individual choice

Yes, @Chi-town girl, it is an individual choice. I like what I use from Dimitri, but I've never been loyal to any brand cosmetics. I like to try too many of his products and others too in order to stock up.

Trusted Contributor

I use other products - not just Skinn. But I do use Skinn products daily. I did stock up last July on the cleansers and I'm glad I did because he didn't offer them again during the holiday visit. That is the only thing I will buy in multiples - not 5 or 6, but probably 3 depending on what's in the kit. Same with the cleansing wipes. The good thing with his serums, especially the jumbo of the age reset is I never seem to run out. So all in all, the prices are good for the kits and they last a long time. I do like to try some of the new items like the ICE depuffer. Feels so cool and soothing - I use other eye products though in addition. My perfect kit would be the supersize cleansers, a supersize skin softening essence, a 120 pack of cleansing wipes and a lip 6x balm. Woman LOL