Respected Contributor

Re: When did you start wearing foundation or tinted moisturizer?

I had to wear stage makeup at an early age. I purchased my first foundation in my early 50's watching Leslie on QVC selling the orig. BM powder. I bought the starter kit & was hooked. She explained how to apply it better than anyone since. I still wear it! It so natural looking on me with a hint of glow. I also love BM Complexion Rescue tinted hydrating gel cream spf 30. I also have the Armani Silk but don't wear it as often. Its another light to med. liquid foundation with a slight glow on my skin. I have tried many but not anymore because those are my HG's.

Respected Contributor

Did not start wearing foundation until I was 43. At that time which was 26 years ago, there wasn't the selection that we have now. I started with something that Estee Lauder had that was a sport foundation or something to that affect. I was just looking for something that added some color. I did not need to cover anything and luckily to this day, I don't have any dark spots that need covering. However, now I prefer foundations that are luminous and have a radiance to them. Right now I like Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE ---Smashbox water bb cream! Perfect shade and really enhanses my skin and covers and smooths too. Easy to put on. Don't wear heavy foundation or foundation powders much anymore. I did really like L Mercier bb cream but haven't in awhile and am sad it is not the same.---

Honored Contributor

I started wearing makeup in High School, but didn't really wear foundation until 20's, and it was Clinique. In my 40's and 50's I wore predominantly Mineral Makeup...Now I am back to Liquid foundation, which has come a long way......I tend to wear very little, just enough to even everything out. 

Honored Contributor

Back in the Dark Ages, when I was about 18 or so.  My aunt introduced me to Avon's cream foundation that was popular then.  

Gee ... almost 58 years ago - and just about every day since unless I'm really, really, really sick.

Respected Contributor

I wore Cover Girl occasionally in 8th grade to cover up  the occasional break outs. I was in college and it was mainly eye make up and some blush. When I  joined the work world a woman sold Mary Kay so got back into  it. I was 21.

I always felt it helped to protect my face from the sun. This was before SPF in make up and I did not use a moisturizer until later before application.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

16? I didn’t even need it. I loved makeup so much  I wanted to put all of it on.😂 I can’t remember the brand but I went to the drugstore after school and the lady matched me up and I was so happy. 

Super Contributor

I'm 63 and I just started wearing it a year ago! I have some IT CC cream but its too heavy for me. I'm now using Younique. They have a BB cream and a liquid foundation. I mix the two together. I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

14. But I used it as concealer. Back in my day, concealers were very limited in range. Those of us on either end of the shade spectrum were ignored. On me, the color "light" or "fair" looked orange. It was worse than nothing for covering a zit.

But I was able to find a few foundations that matched my skin. I used them to cover flaws, and they blended in better. Prescriptives Pale Camellia was my saving grace for the longest time. I rarely applied it to my whole face.

I really miss Prescriptives @Porcelain . I wore Pale Camelia to my daughter's wedding.

When I was about 13, I bought Cover Girl foundation and used to hold my nose while applying. It smelled medicinal. I was heavily influenced by my fashion bible, "Seventeen."

@Trinity11   Ha ha, Cover Girl foundation was my "gateway drug" for makeup, too!  When I read your post I could immediately remember that smell.  Whew!  I was probably 15 or 16 at the time.  I did runway modeling at a local department store, and was very into makeup.  Jean Shrimpton was my idol, Colleen Corby, too.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett