Contributor

Re: When did you start watching QVC on TV?

In 1986, when it was still called CVN. My first purchase was a heavily engraved silver bangle and if my memory serves me correctly it was $35.00, and I still have it. I remember Carmella Richards, a host I always enjoyed watching. A lot of jewelry, dolls, and collectables in those days.
Super Contributor

1988 I was home sick with the flu and bought a ring. Not real gold- it was about 30.00.

Valued Contributor

Well, I'm a jenny-come-lately by most standards, I guess. I didn't start until around 2002. My first purchases were Bare Minerals and Nick Chavez' Flocker!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

1991. I stopped watching several years ago.
Honored Contributor

1991 - I was very ill and was home for 4 months. I watched a lot of TV then and I found QVC as I was flipping through the channels.

Super Contributor

I have been watching from day one. Never bought anything until many years later. First purchase was a 8 track Tape video tape rewinder! LOL!
Honored Contributor

On tv - +/- 1988

In my imagination - 1985

Super Contributor

I was a big fan of CVN. When QVC bought them out, I went along. Took me a while to "get with the new program" but I did, and never looked back. My first purchase was a pair of 1ct tw Diamonique studs in 14K gold. They're as beautiful today as they were then.

There was also a purchase with purchase... a 1/2 ct. emerald cut DQ ring in SS. I actually wear it as a pinky ring once in a while. A young girl at church commented on it recently, and I was thrilled to take it off and give it to her. Nothing like sharing ... and the smile on her face was priceless!

Frequent Contributor

1992 I got hooked on Marie Osmond dolls and then gold jewelry with Jeff Hewson. Yikes long time ago.
Honored Contributor

1993--was a stressful time and I used it to take my mind off things. Still watching, but not as often as I did years ago.