Respected Contributor

Re: When did you start watching QVC on TV?

Around 1987. I think they were selling crystal figurines. The next show was jewelry and I was hooked. Hsn was on around that time because they used to have Tootie?

Also, back in the day, you could only order an item when it was being shown on the tv screen. Once the clock ran out, supposedly you couldn't order it anymore until it was back on the screen.

-Kalli

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Preds said:
On 1/12/2015 Southern Fried Chick said:

Enjoying the responses!

I think I started ordering 2006, from the Q.

I left a message for you on the thread that Feline posted the boxer on ... can't remember which one that was now. LOL

I will look for it.

Super Contributor

A poster from San Juan Island (?), post that she remembered she was home with the flu, and

started flipping.

What was the name of that virus?

Anyway, I can't find the post. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I began watching it in September 2003. I stumbled upon it one Saturday evening and saw Saturday Night Beauty (remember when it was Saturday nights?). Lisa Robertson was the host, it was all about cosmetics and skincare (I'm a bit of a product junkie) and I was hooked ever since.

It was a fond relationship I had with the Q from then until this past December. I feel a sense of a definite void of whatever it was that Lisa's presentations brought to the table. She was the allure of the Q, no matter how you slice it...I know that no one person is indispensable but corporate will have to look long and hard to find talent that can even come close to what she possesses for the viewing audience.

Trusted Contributor

I started November of 1987! I ran across it when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night, which is when it was on--a few hours in the middle of the night. I remember Kathy Levine was on. I still have the item I bought: a grandfather clock (but on a smaller scale).

At that time I remember Kathy, Jane Rudolph (now Treacy) and Bob Bowersox. Steve Bryant, Steve Coluntuno and Paul Kelly were probably around then, too, also perhaps Marty Jacobs.

I also remember you had a small window of time during which to order: it had to be while the item was being presented and before the timer ran out. No such thing as online ordering yet!

Frequent Contributor

What great stories! Thanks so much for the responses.

The hosts were so young then. Heck, so were we!

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 3redheads said:

What great stories! Thanks so much for the responses.

The hosts were so young then. Heck, so were we!

Yes, I was just a babe ... no, wait, I was holding a babe! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Never mind. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

I started watching and bought several pieces of jewelry when they first came on air then got away from it shortly thereafter when I got married and had children. I didn't come back to it till about 10 years ago.

Contributor

I remember it because we had just moved into our new house the fall of 1985. Twenty years later QVC sent me a 20 year card as a rememberance.

Contributor

I remember it because we had just moved into our new house the fall of 1986 Twenty years later QVC sent me a 20 year card as a rememberance.