Honored Contributor

Re: When did you start watching QVC on TV?

I started watching when it was CVN. My first purchase was a pair of Imperial Gold earrings that Mary Beth was presenting. I still wear them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Sometime in '86, I think it was, it was when they first aired and my mom called me and said "You're never going to believe this, but there is a TV station selling things that you can buy! It's called Q V C." She spelled it slowly. Smiley Happy

Kathy Levine and oh, what is his name? Tall man, grayish hair that sells electronics on HSN now. They were the first hosts. Didn't take my mom and I to become hooked, thanks to Kathy. I still miss her.

Just came to me, John Eastman is his name.

QVC had many wonderful years in days gone by.

Contributor

On 1/11/2015 magemay said:

Sometime in '86, I think it was, it was when they first aired and my mom called me and said "You're never going to believe this, but there is a TV station selling things that you can buy! It's called Q V C." She spelled it slowly. Smiley Happy

LOL, I can totally hear that. Hilarious.

Honored Contributor

1996 when we first got cable. I had started with Paul Deasy on HSN in the middle of the night about two years before that. Our CBS channel carried HSN only overnight. I blame Paul for this whole darn mess. Wonder what my jewelry wardrobe, my clothing wardrobe, and my kitchen cabinets would look like without TV shopping?

Trusted Contributor

Been watching from the beginning......................

Honored Contributor

If they came on air in 1986, I started watching in 1987 but I didn't buy anything for a long time. I probably made my first purchase in 88 or 89. My mom started odering things and I followed her.......and never looked back. I was an HSN customer before my mom discovered QVC.
Contributor

'94
Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 NickNack said:

I started watching when it was CVN. My first purchase was a pair of Imperial Gold earrings that Mary Beth was presenting. I still wear them.

I remember watching CVN, I remember Mary Beth and Colleen Lopez. But I was such a scaredy cat, I didn't buy anything.
Esteemed Contributor

I have watched from the beginning .....first CVN....then the Q...it sure is hard to believe how long they have been on and how long I have watched...

Despite our gripes about their programming....their products....their shipping rates...the Q. must be doing something right to keep them on the air for so long....