Frequent Contributor

When did you start watching QVC on TV?

I think I started watching in 1988.

They've been on the air since 1986. Next year will be their 30 year anniversary. Hard to believe, huh?

Trusted Contributor

Re: When did you start watching QVC on TV?

1990, I can remember because I was pregnant with my son and I couldn't sleep very well in the middle of the night. QVC was one of the few shows on the air.

Honored Contributor

Gold Day, Jan 1995. I was in the market for a gold herringbone chain, flipping channels and there it was on the screen, it was the TSV that day. Paid $14 per gram and about $4 for shipping.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the late 80's. I know I made my first purchase in 1990. It was a Joan Rivers piece.

Frequent Contributor

I remember Kathy Levine was a host. It sure doesn't seem as though I've watched that long. The QVC show always seems fresh to me, whereas the southern shopping channel always seems dated.

Regular Contributor

I was on bed rest with my pregnancy in 1997 from March to May. I started watching HSN, it was Serious Skin Care. Back then they sold only a acne line and my skin was prone to breaking out so I was hooked. From that I went to QVC. I haven't stopped since. It is nice to watch because it is live all day long and you get to learn about products that you really wouldn't know about, whether you buy it from them or online or in a local store. Whenever I turn the tv on I always see what they are selling, just a habit. I don't watch all that much but I really like the makeup shows.

Honored Contributor

January of 1987---I bought a heart shaped amethyst ring in silver from Steve Caluntuno and then a 4 qt Nesco roaster. Had watched only days before QVC was CVN. Still have both those items

Esteemed Contributor

April, 1986. Moved into my first house and had cable installed. The cable guy showed me a "new" shopping channel. It was the end of CVN/ early QVC at that time. I watched more HSN back in the day. Did not place my first order from the Q until maybe a year or more later. I do recall my first item was a sweatshirt that I received many compliments on and would not be caught dead in today. (Hey, it was the '80's!) Did not watch much of shopping channels until 2-3 years later.

Contributor

Newbie here! I just started watching 2 months ago. (I have spent an evening watching here and there in the past - I remember a pressure washer presentation once had me transfixed!) I am a stay-at-home mom of school-aged kids, but I hate a quiet house. Must have chatter. I used to listen to courtTV all day. Loved it, but they took it off the air. Then I would listen to CNN all day long, but news is depressing and CNN has a habit of staying on one topic and beating it into the ground. (as QVC does sometimes too, I have come to discover)

Then one day, I came across Rachel Ray selling her products, and I was thoroughly entertained! Then I found Isaac, and my favorite hosts Shawn and Jane Treacy, and I am hooked. Most of the time I just listen as I work, though Beauty shows and Isaac are now must-see-tv.

Honored Contributor

i was married in 1989 so i know it was sometime prior to that. of course i didnt buy as much then as i do now. it was only an occasional item.......and of course the variety is much more now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein