Regular Contributor

Re: When did you start watching QVC on TV?

1998. I think my first purchase was a northern nights comforter. Some of my other first purchases were proactiv, bare escentuals and philosophy.

Respected Contributor

OMG, it was the summer of 1992!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Probably in the 1990's. I used to tune in sometimes when we were on vacation and our rental condo had cable TV service, which we didn't have at home at the time. I wasn't interested in shopping, but found the hokey sales presentations and personalities endlessly amusing. I haven't changed my mind and still tune in from time to time, more for entertainment than to buy.

Honored Contributor

1989. The first show I fell for was Kathy Levine's Western Silver show, about 1 in the afternoon, Mondays I think.
Super Contributor

I remember watching CVN and HSN. My mom got me hooked. She was fascinated with the whole concept. I watched QVC from the very first broadcast. I was newly married and my husband thought I was nuts for watching it. Lol.
Frequent Contributor

From the very beginning......going back to CVN days when they were here in Plymouth Minnesota......Mary Beth was a host as well as a well known HSN host.

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I went to my friend's house, she always had QVC on. I would say, "how could u watch this"? This was in 1995. Then I was home on worker's comp for a couple of months - and started watching. I bought quite a few things, mostly jewelry, Denim Co., Clarks shoes, Northern Nights sheet sets, etc. The last few years, their products went downhill, prices too high, and boring hosts. I enjoyed Kathy Levine and Judy Crowell.