Contributor

When did you start to see results?

When did you start to see the benefits of using Wen?

I'm asking because I have used Wen off and on for many, many years. I always seem to fall off the wagon but always go back to it. Recently, I've been using Wen (exclusively ~ cc, and all styling products/brushes) for the past 4-5 months. I just started using the oil this week. I have VERY, VERY fine hair and not a lot of it, I'm not balding but my hair has never been my strong point.

I LOVE Wen, I just don't know if I should stick it out and eventually I will see great results or is my hair just not made for Wen? My hair is damaged from highlights and heat (although I use medium heat and always use a nozzle). I just can't get over how bad my hair looks, it looks like I have split ends galore or just really frizzy damaged hair. If I twist my hair, hairs of all different length's stick out all over. I've used the oil 3 times now and haven't seen any improvement. Am I expecting too much? Should I be patient and in return get healthy hair?

For reference sake ~ I've tried ALL the formulas, TT works good for me as well as POM and SAM and BGT. I need to wash everyday because I work out and my hair gets sweaty.

Any help is appreciated. I've spent a lot on my Wen and really want to continue to use it. Please no Wen bashers ~ thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: When did you start to see results?

While I saw an instant improvement the first time I used Wen, I think that Wen does have a learning curve. It took me 3-4 months of experimenting and tweaking my cleanse routine before I found the routine that worked best for my hair. And, since Chaz keeps adding new CCs, my experiment always seems to continue... I've never had so much fun with an experiment!!!

I really enjoy reading through the ongoing What Cleanser Did You Use Today? thread that Hilary started over a year ago. It a great source for new ideas of how Wenners have tweaked to their Wen hair care routine!!

-- bebe Smile

Esteemed Contributor

That thread is over 50 pages long. It's hard to keep track of someone's progress.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2014 HonnyBrown said:

That thread is over 50 pages long. It's hard to keep track of someone's progress.

The best way to read the What Cleanser Did You Use Today? thread is just to glance through the current day's posts every so often. At first it will seem like a lot of bits of information being thrown at you but over time, as you learn more about Wen, what people say just starts to make sense and fall into defined categories. Dont' read the thread for content, just read it for fun and the information will just gently seep into your brain in an osmosis sort of way.

-- bebe Smile