Respected Contributor

Re: When did dark roots become a desired look?

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It occurred to me while watching the wig presentation that obvious roots are now okay?! And it seems it's been that way for a while now. Just wondering when the tide turned?

It doesn't seem so long ago that when a woman dyed her hair blond she was presenting the image of a natural blond and not wanting to look like a brunette who dyed her hair blond?!

@Andreatoo 

I hate that look! I’m pretty sure that someone must have commented on someone’s dark roots and they received a sarcastic reply about it being the new “in” look and people took it and ran with it. lol

I don’t care if the person is just late getting their hair done or if they paid big bucks to get the look...it looks universally bad. 

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It occurred to me while watching the wig presentation that obvious roots are now okay?! And it seems it's been that way for a while now. Just wondering when the tide turned?

It doesn't seem so long ago that when a woman dyed her hair blond she was presenting the image of a natural blond and not wanting to look like a brunette who dyed her hair blond?!

@Andreatoo 

I hate that look! I’m pretty sure that someone must have commented on someone’s dark roots and they received a sarcastic reply about it being the new “in” look and people took it and ran with it. lol

I don’t care if the person is just late getting their hair done or if they paid big bucks to get the look...it looks universally bad. 

Respected Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo

@Leggett28 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

That’s your opinion 

@Andreatoo 

That’s your opinion 

Respected Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

You hate that look. Very mean words over a persons choice of hair color 

Honored Contributor

Not my hair. Not my problem.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Maybe they think if you buy a wig with black roots it won’t look like a wig....after all, who would walk around with black roots if they had a wig?

I love the idea of a reverse psychology wig. Deep. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

It isn't a look I like but it has been a trend for quite a while. They aren't roots anymore, they are low lights, don't ya know? LOL

I had wondered just what low lights were, lol. And now I know.

Respected Contributor

We are all have choices it’s not everyone else choices. But that’s what makes it good. Like I’ve said before I would not want to know people that agreed with everything I said.Because I’m not always right.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99No way do I care to return to those days.  Many, many good things have occurred since the days dark roots were not in style.  

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@Leggett28 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

@willdob3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

You hate that look. Very mean words over a persons choice of hair color 

@Leggett28 

When did I say I hated the look?! I made no judgment call at all just wondering when it happened. period. Whether someone bleaching their hair blonde looks natural is one thing whether it looks good on them or not is another thing entirely

Esteemed Contributor

1970's

Farrah Fawcet made it a huge trend.

image.png q