Honored Contributor

When a Woman places her name on a Perfume............

[ Edited ]

it must be special.  And this perfume is special.  The top note is something I have never experienced before and it is quite lovely.  It's on sale at Nordstrom now, if interested.  This perfume is quite unique, inviting and another beautiful perfume from Trish McEvoy.

Notes:

- Top: musk, almond flowers, blue lotus.
- Middle: tonka beans, white amber.
- Base: cashmere musk, Indian sandalwood.

TRISH MCEVOY Trish Eau de Parfum, Main, color, No Color

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: When a Woman places her name on a Perfume............

@Katcat1  Did you purchase this? You are way more perfume savvy than me!

It's not only body chemistry that compliments a fragrance. Or, I guess the other way 'round. Like taste buds, which are individual to a person, so are the olfactory buds.

Musk as a top note? It is confusing to me the order of some of the notes listed in this fragrance. But I would smell anything once. I'm just really fussy these days when it comes to fragrance.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   Of course this is my opinion but it really has a unique scent.  Trish McEvoy grew up around her grandmother's perfumery in Germany so I am sure she learned from her grandmother about perfume.  I purchased this and I also purchased Sexy 9 which is my number one perfume.  Both were on sale.  The order of the Notes is accurate.  You have to remember we don't know the ratio of the ingredients.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 I haven't tried this and don't know what it smells like but Hermes Merveilles smells like nothing I have ever smelled before too.

It is fresh, bright and uplifting but not really citrus or anything I can really put my finger on.  It is my favorite unique scent.  I like a few other classics, but all of those I can identify a scent.  This one, might be the one if I could have one scent only! 

I may try this!  I love her other scents!  To me No. 9 is a more sophisticated Falling in Love.  It doesn't hit you in the face.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Hmm.   What "type" of fragrance would you say this is .... floral, woodsy, oriental .... any idea?  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

It sounds lovely Smiley Happy  I would love to get a sample of it.  The notes read, to me, like a warm and cozy scent.  Is it?

Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater   No. 9 is light and pretty but does not last long but I still like it.  Sexy 9 I absolutely love as it is warm like someone is wrapping their arms arund you and it lingers.  Trish has this unique scent that I can't identify but there is some warmth perhaps a spicy woody scen that lingerst.  It's best to test out in the store but you can also purchase and if it does not agree with you, Nordsrom will take it backj.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44   @monicakm   It's hard for me to describe because I am not familiar with some of the ingredients.  I say spicy woody but you either go in the store or purchase and return if it does not agree with you,  With all her beautiful scents she would not put her name on this if it were not special.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   @monicakm   It's hard for me to describe because I am not familiar with some of the ingredients.  I say spicy woody but you either go in the store or purchase and return if it does not agree with you,  With all her beautiful scents she would not put her name on this if it were not special.

@Katcat1 

Wow ... it's funny what triggers the memory of long-ago scent!   I just read your post and suddenly was taken back to the 60's or 70's and recall a fragrance called Woodhue.   It was a spicy woody fragrance.  A sudden, vivid recollection.  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I trust Trish, some I won't buy from.

Peroid.!!!!!