Honored Contributor

When Your Hairdresser Says.....

When you bring an inspiration picture to your hairdresser and she says "she's got more hair than you", I guess I'm gonna have to believe her.  I've heard that statement more times than I would like to admit.

Curl Dream.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Your Hairdresser Says.....

@Icegoddess - Not only does mine say that but she also adds - and thicker with more body.  HAHA

Respected Contributor

Who's hair is ever like the inspiration photo?  I think the stylist just want the client to be realistic, that the outcome may not look like the photo. That's fair. Avoiding surprise and disappointment later?

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess   I'm sure you want her to be honest.  I think the majority of them try their best to please their clients so they'll come back. 

Respected Contributor

The ultimate, cringing critique is to tell you --- 'you just don't have the face for this style.'

Honored Contributor

Of course, I want them to be honest, but does every model with good hair have to have more/thicker/hair?  Normally, the pic doesn't come with a before pic to show you how MUCH hair the model actually has.  That was the point of my post.  I would've never thought she had that MUCH hair from just the After photo. 

@BlueFinch if my hairdresser told me that I would ask her exactly what shape IS my face as I've never gotten a good answer to that.  I've tried stading in front of a mirror and draw it, but no luck.  

Honored Contributor

Models often have extensions too.  I've heard the same "she's got more hair than you" from my DD before. A few weeks ago, I sent her a picture that was shared here in the forum and she said, "Stop it!  I LOVE that!"  Finally!  LOL  She gave me a razor cut to accomplish it, which felt a little scary, but it came out great!  

Honored Contributor

I 💗 those curls!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate it when that happens!  There's nothing like bursting your bubble. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe she's lazy and doesn't want to work that hard. The hair in those pics are to-die-for so I say congratulations!