Honored Contributor

So, I've never had very good luck with many of the things I've ordered from HSN.  Maybe it's just me, but things have a way of ...... well...always some kind of problems....yes, let's call them 'problems'.

So, the other day a lady was on HSN selling the magnetic false eyelashes.

Well, I'm all about the 60's as I've said here before.  Back in the 60's we were all about lots and lots of mascara, etc.  That was me.  Just lots of eyelashes.

I've been wanting to try the magnetic false eyelashes for some time.  When I was visiting my daughter in Denver over Thanksgiving a waitress had some on and she looked amazing!  That pushed me even more to get some.

So, when HSN had what she and they said was the person who first designed the magnetic false eyelashes I thought...."Hummm!! I've been wanting to try them.  That would be fun.  I'll get some for me and some for my teenage granddaughters.  They weren't cheap ($50 each)...but I figured....'what the hay....I'll try them'.

They came today.  Two containers, I think it was 2 sets (top and bottom each).

Before I even opened the box holding the thick plastic case, two eyelashes fell on the counter.  How they got out of the plastic case and the box is a mystery.  Although, it did look like someone had opened the box and the plastic case (not sealed).

One plastic case was broken (the entire lid was crushed).

I called HSN (was put on hold (their words) for 8 minutes.  Finally someone came on and I told her about it being broken and missing and she said to send it back (which I intended to do anyway).

Here's my question.  Did anyone else order these and if so, how did your's come?  I'm curious to see if I'm the only person to have their's messed up?

So much for my venture into the magnetic false eyelashes.  I might still try them but I'll just go to Ulta and get me some and see if my granddaughters want to try them.  

I love the way people look in them.  I see people wearing them everywhere.  I especially like the one's that just fit right on the top outward part of the eye.  They are so cute.

Anyone else have them or know about them?

Honored Contributor

I tried those and they were a big fail for me, unfortunately 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Before you decide to get magnetic false eyelashes from Ulta or the drugstore, go to Youtube and do a search of youtube with "magnetic false eyelashes" as the keywords. None of the beauty gurus who tried these like them. They were finicky to put on and it was next to impossible to get them on correctly. Many complained about it and how heavy and awkward they are.

Honored Contributor

@TY I've read quite a bit about them.  If anything, whatever I purchase or even think of purchasing I 'over-think' it.  I figured I didn't have the patience to put any of them on, but figured I would check them out.

My oldest granddaughter loves makeup (like I do).  We spend a lot of time at Ulta's.  

I bond with each grandchild (the one's that live around me) with whatever their interests are.  With her sister (15 months difference), we are all about books and she likes to hear about been a teenager in the 60's.

If adults would just listen to young people, they'd learn so much.....just listen.

Anyway, I drift.  I don't like the idea of using glue so close to my eyes, thus the magnets.  I figured I wouldn't stick with them, but wanted to try them.

I didn't feel right trying them; since I'm returning them.  I have pretty long eyelashes (not great....but not bad).  

Honored Contributor

antonella did a "tutorial" on facebook today using MOXIELASH magnetic eyelash extensions if you want to check it out. its about a five minute video,

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I asked about magnetic eyelashes at Sally Beauty Supply last week

she said they really run hot and cold, and there is a big learning curve

She said those that love them had a while learning to make them work and then there are those that hate them, never got them to work

I decided not to buy, even though they had some on clearance (I could have gotten at 50% off clearance price)