Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

....I am thinking of radically changing my look.

Right now, my hair is just a smidge past shoulder legnth, so who knows how long it will be then.

But I am seriously thinking of getting a perm.

I haven't had a perm since 1988!

Maybe a stacked perm, or a spiral perm, or a bob!

I will have a lot of time to decide between now and then!

@Anonymous032819  I have had perms in the past, they never came out like I wanted. They were usually too curly and frizzy, after awhile I stopped getting them. I also want to add I bet a lot of people are going to be buying box hair dye until they get back to the salon (even with social distancing one should look their best)!

Respected Contributor

I received a call last week that my salon was closing for two weeks. Their first day of business would be March 31 and I happen to have an appointment that day. Wishful thinking because I seriously doubt they will be able to open. Most everything is closed here and the governor of PA is thinking of extending those dates. I doubt that anything will start to open until late April early May.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: possible text that says 'sun-gazing.com com INFINITY I'VE NOTICED A LOT OF YOU ARE NOT POSTING SELFIES ANYMORE SINCE THE BEAUTY SALONS HAVE CLOSED'

Honored Contributor

It will take forever to get an appointment. Their receptionists will be overwhelmed with people calling. Even if they were to increase their hours they will never be able to keep up. That will be the case with many businesses. The longer this goes on the worse it will get.

Honored Contributor

Our salons were ordered closed for 2 weeks and that was last week.  My appointment is for April 4th but I fully expect it will be canceled, which is fine.

I'm lucky that my salon is small and I have the cell phone number of my stylist and I book directly with her.  All of her clients do.  I don't have to call and work with a receptionist.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder how some of the hosts and models are getting their stuff done? ...especially the ones with fake nails. I can understand wig-wearing if it came down to that. But nails are a different story.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wonder how some of the hosts and models are getting their stuff done? ...especially the ones with fake nails. I can understand wig-wearing if it came down to that. But nails are a different story.

@SilleeMeeit's my understanding they aren't.  I was watching HSN the other day and Colleen commented about salons being closed and she had already broken 2 nails.  The ones that have gel polish can soak it off themselves and polish their own nails.

I have fake nails.  Mine are an acrylic overlay over my natural nails.  I'm going to have a problem.  LOL