Esteemed Contributor

....I am thinking of radically changing my look.

Right now, my hair is just a smidge past shoulder legnth, so who knows how long it will be then.

But I am seriously thinking of getting a perm.

I haven't had a perm since 1988!

Maybe a stacked perm, or a spiral perm, or a bob!

I will have a lot of time to decide between now and then!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Contributor

By the time this is over and I can get back to the salon, you’re going to be able to tell my age by the amount of regrowth of gray hair just like tree rings can tell the age of a tree!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 I have just a body wave.  Love it when my hair is down because my style doesn't fall!  I have just enough natural curl to make my hair frizz!!!

I can also wash and dry it, sleep on it, pull it back and just do my bangs which is wonderful when I get up at 7:15 for work and all I can do is growl!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

....I am thinking of radically changing my look.

Right now, my hair is just a smidge past shoulder legnth, so who knows how long it will be then.

But I am seriously thinking of getting a perm.

I haven't had a perm since 1988!

Maybe a stacked perm, or a spiral perm, or a bob!

I will have a lot of time to decide between now and then!

@Anonymous032819   What a great time to browse through Pinterest and look at pics for ideas. Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Anonymous032819 I have just a body wave.  Love it when my hair is down because my style doesn't fall!  I have just enough natural curl to make my hair frizz!!!

I can also wash and dry it, sleep on it, pull it back and just do my bangs which is wonderful when I get up at 7:15 for work and all I can do is growl!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Guess everyone wants what they do not have...Would love to not have waves/curls. I use a flat iron if want to wear a straighter style. Enjoying these few weeks of wash & air dry curls, though. 

Respected Contributor

I have been thinking about not coloring and seeing what I would look like with my natural gray hair.  This is the perfect time to do it since I won't see anyone for a very long time. I wear my hair very short so I am thinking about my dogs clippers.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have been thinking about not coloring and seeing what I would look like with my natural gray hair.  This is the perfect time to do it since I won't see anyone for a very long time. I wear my hair very short so I am thinking about my dogs clippers.  

@chiclet Love the idea of giving the grey hair a shot, but not the dog clippers. Don't you have sharp scissors or better, just let it grow out and get a pro cut when salons open. You'll be much happier. The clippers can pull, drag and rip your hair. If you do decide to color again, you will have damaged your existing hair. Hope you were kidding. 🤭

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have been thinking about this for a while too.  I have an appointment in early April but I really don't think I will go even if the salon is open.  We had decided to highlight my hair very blond and see what happens when the gray comes in.  Or do gray highlights.  However, might not have to make that choice just yet.  Only thing I am worried about is my hair grows pretty fast.  The gray will be what it is but I don't want to look like a wild woman with half gray/half blond-brown overgrown frizzy out of control hair.    Maybe we will all end up likeing our gray hair.  I have a couple of neghbors with beautiful gray or white hair, just don't think I would be one of them..  But we need to be less concerned with our hair and more concerned about everything else going on.  Hope all of you stay healthy.

Trusted Contributor

My hair stylist called a few hours ago and told me the salon will be closed.  She rescheduled my appointment but who knows if that will actually happen.  She told me on  the day we rescheduled she will be the only stylist in the salon so I guess they are staggering appointments.  If things still look this way in a couple of weeks (which I am starting to think it will) I will cancel.  My stylist told me she did not go to work all last week so she will understand if I decide to cancel next appointment.

Honored Contributor

I hope that the salons that closed are disinfecting their salons just like restaurants should do.  A little bit of Lysol goes a long way.

kindness is strength