Super Contributor

Whats your favorite beauty GADGETS and RESULTS

What do you love about it

Honored Contributor

Re: Whats your favorite beauty GADGETS and RESULTS

@Beautiful life   I have a drawer full of gagets bought over the years.... I stopped using them for some reason about 5 years ago... never looked back.

I guess after age 60, I have lost the FEAR  of being senior or being considered older... I have not given up mind you,  I still like to look my best..... just am not in the fear of aging gracefully anymore   I  just do all the right things with healthy lifestyle. skin care and such.   No gadget is really going to stop the hands of time. I think that is something you learn the older you get.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@Beautiful life   I have a drawer full of gagets bought over the years.... I stopped using them for some reason about 5 years ago... never looked back.

I guess after age 60, I have lost the FEAR  of being senior or being considered older... I have not given up mind you,  I still like to look my best..... just am not in the fear of aging gracefully anymore   I  just do all the right things with healthy lifestyle. skin care and such.   No gadget is really going to stop the hands of time. I think that is something you learn the older you get.

I second your post, @SeaMaiden.  I have tried a good many of those gadgets and never got the results that were promised.  I have come to the same conclusion that you do the best you can with what God gave you.  Aging is part of life.  I haven't given up either, but am realistic with the fact that you can't stop time or gravity while you are still breathing.  A smile and kindness goes a long way toward exuding beauty~~~~much farther than a battery operated tool.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I like @SeaMaiden have a “graveyard” of beauty gadgets. But the device I really do like and use is my Silk'n FaceFX Anti-Aging Device 444-948 from HSN. It’s a corded device not a re-chargeable device. It has helped make my facial expression lines softer. It has helped fade my age spots and it really has faded my melasma. I have seen “some” firmness in my jawl line too. It’s the one beauty tool that I have used and stayed with on a regular basis. There are several reviews by beauty gurus on YouTube that really like it too.
Honored Contributor

I like to call them tools rather than gadgets. Most of ones I've purchased sit in a drawer because I honestly can't say they did anything to make me look younger or better. There are only two tools that I have used since I purchased them that have given me better looking skin...a microneedle roller and the Tria Age-Defying Laser (used on my neck and decc only). These two tools have given me smoother, firmer skin and I believe have slowed down the aging process. 

Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life   I love my Leaflet for my face.  Why?  Because when I first started using it, it clean pores out, it brings color to my cheeks and it gently cleans my skin.  Best gadget ever!  I purchased from QVC when it was a TSV last year. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have a particular weirdly barrel-shaped hair clip that allows me to sleep with my hair up, giving me beachy-loopy twisting curls, yet it doesn't put any unwanted crimps in my hair. 

I need to find another one of these, cuz I have no backup and those cheap little springs only last so long.

I love my Clairsonic Plus, which, paired with WEN body wash, helps me combat the awful things daily chemo does to my skin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Emjoi eRase epilator and micropedi, they work which is pretty much all I expect of them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee how do you use the tria on your neck? Do you do the center of your neck?

I have so many tools that I use on a consistant basis, right after I work out. Facemaster, the old one where you use q-tips, around my eyes and mouth. First generation nuface on sides of my neck and forehead. Myotone on jawline and cheeks. Facial flex has helped to tighten my jawline even further. Use them all several times per week. I feel like my face is firmer over all. I also do facial exercises when I am not using my tools. It takes me 15 minutes tops to do it all. I noticed that my facial exercise keeps my eyelids nice and firm. I started this all when I turned 40, so it has been many years.

Honored Contributor

Facial Flex ... because it works!  I've used it for years.  

One time, back more than 10 years ago, I went down to visit my parents and forgot to bring it with me.  After a few days, I could see sagging.   After I got home - it took a couple of days undo the sagging.

Now - I never leave home without it!