Honored Contributor

Re: Whats with pressing product in, press, press, press......

I started using the pat/press in method about a year ago, but for sure totally do it that way since six months ago. It made sense to me because you are not stretching your skin when you pat/press into your face. But that's just me. Maybe others can rub really hard and not see any ill effects.

I am older and definitely feel that if there is anything I can do to prevent the wrinkles from coming faster than need be, then I want to do that. Since being kinder on my skin by using the pat/press in method, I definitely feel/see less irritation on my skin. That is the only thing I have done differently, so I am attributing those results to the way I apply my skin care.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't think it matters.

I had to chuckle over this.

So true.

Considering there's more facial movement with smiling & squinting, then add face pressed into a pillow for 8 hrs, I feel a 15-second smear/rub on my face isn't gonna make much of a difference for the long haul. I have 57 smearing, rubbing, no wrinkle years behind me. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was a video, that got me into pressing/patting. Two girls from Glow Recipe talking about this new K-skincare trend - 7 Skin Method and showing how they apply their toners/essences.

One girl Sarah, is co-founder of Glow Recipe, and I liked how her hands move, well she learned this young from grandma. The other co-founder, Christine is not in this video and, I think, her hands are even more magical.

At first I thought, the girls were very young, thus flawless skin. But no, both Sara and Christine (not on this video) are co-founders of this K-products curating company for 20 years. So they must be not all that young then. I don't know, who Kathy is.

The video is a little too long, and audio is not all that great too - best to listen with ear phones. First time I barely watched it, until they got to the application part.

This made me go to the bathroom, and like a monkey repeat what they did - seven layers of whatever stuff I had ! I was very impressed with my results.

The next day I watched again.  This time with much interest, now understanding every word they said! Cat Happy

https://blog.glowrecipe.com/2017/01/10/i-tried-the-korean-7-skin-method-and-it-rescued-my-dehydrated...

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Lauren Hutton shipped sponges with her skincare over a decade ago and said she learned to press the moisture into her skin from her Mom.  Now I'm remembering that I tried it years ago and didn't see or feel a difference.  Maybe I didn't give it enough time or what I was pressing wasn't working that well for me.

Her system was called Aquapress and she was far ahead of her time.  Her mother was poor, with few of the luxuries she deserved so she used to use the rubber from her girdle to press water into her face to moisturize.  Lauren used the same material for her sponges but added moisturizing components to her essence.  I miss her global mind set and the wonderful passport portfolios in a whole rainbow of shades with everything you need in one set?  I miss her treasured finds like tamanu oil....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

So true.

Considering there's more facial movement with smiling & squinting, then add face pressed into a pillow for 8 hrs, I feel a 15-second smear/rub on my face isn't gonna make much of a difference for the long haul. I have 57 smearing, rubbing, no wrinkle years behind me. 

So, @sidsmom, I alternate every day. One day, I pat in the morning and press at night. Then the next day I reverse. I keep a calendar so that I don't every go off schedule.

/jk

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

So true.

So, @sidsmom, I alternate every day. One day, I pat in the morning and press at night. Then the next day I reverse. I keep a calendar so that I don't every go off schedule.

/jk

Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko Youtuber "Gothamista" also has the 7 skin method. Also K Skincare is coming to CVS stores.

The video is: " The 7 skin method for glowing skin ".. with Sara.... The audio on that video is excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@bunjetto wrote:

Well then I am going to start pressing and patting!  Who knew?  Press and Pat... Press and Pat Smiley Tongue

@bunjetto wrote:

Well then I am going to start pressing and patting!  Who knew?  Press and Pat... Press and Pat Smiley Tongue

Woman Happy  @bunjetto, I'd suggest google the videos of how it's done, and find the ones you feel to be great methods and copy them. I see them being slightly different, the ones I've seen - fascinated me! How they warm up toners and essences between their hands, how they almost make a Magic out of this, and exactly how they press and pat, does make a difference. I also note - how the demostrator's skin looks, and this tells me a lot!

@sonechko

Very intriguing...especially the patting part, which obviously stimulates the skin and is so good in so many ways!

(Who arrived at the number, 7?)

And those who mentioned the hand manipulation (v. gadgets) I agree!

Thanks for sharing the videos, (& @Kabella.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@sonechko Youtuber "Gothamista" also has the 7 skin method. Also K Skincare is coming to CVS stores.

The video is: " The 7 skin method for glowing skin ".. with Sara.... The audio on that video is excellent.

Yeah, they said this 7 skin method is the latest craze in Korean skincare. Sara said, she ALWAYS did 3 before, but when heard about 7, decided to try it, and now is obsessed with it.

Thanks @Kabella for the tip on another, better quality video. I'll check on it. I think, I too got onto this craze, at least for now. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

In the Gothamista video, they were saying not to pat around the eye area because the toners were not tested for eye area...

I've been patting on water (way more than 7 times) around my eye area for umpteen years. I started doing that to wake up and prepare my eyes for contact lenses. My eye area is taut w/ no wrinkles, no skin issues. I know I use great eye serum & cream, (which I already mentioned that I press in) but I am also now thinking that all this patting has something to do with how my eye area looks today.