Respected Contributor

If you had the power, what product or products would you discontinue from various brands?

Honored Contributor

Re: What would you discontinue?

I wouldn't discontinue anything.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is kind of a weird question, @Mellie32

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

You'll have to be a little more specific with your question, I have no idea what you're posting about. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is an odd question and not really sure what you mean.

As a user of products, I just don't use the things that don't work for me and wouldn't discontinue it just because I don't like it since there are probably many others who do and I wouldn't want to take that away from them.

If I ran a business and I had the power to decide what to discontinue it would be, logically, the lesser selling products.

Honored Contributor

Fragrance in facial skincare.

Contributor

Primers and bronzers, both a waste of time for me.

Honored Contributor

It's not a weird question to me.  One product that has been hyped a lot in the past, has been brightening or highlighting products.  

I bought some of these and tried them a few times, and will not buy anymore.  There is no need to use something that makes some parts of my face look shiny and unnatural  

Honored Contributor

I'd go mad with power. We'd probably end up like the original Batman movie where the Joker got rid of all the cosmetics.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I vote to "discontinue" a product every time I fail to buy it. I've "discontinued" Burberry raincoats, Jaguars, Hermes Birkins, vacations in Belize, etc., but do they go away? Apparently not. I'm puzzled.

Seriously, the question is really the inverse, if you could bring anything back, what would it be? I'd bring back Yardley's Pot o'Gloss from the '70s, Nabisco's Brown Edge Wafers, and Peek Frean's Playbox biscuits with fairy tale characters in stencilled icing. I'd bring back Wacoal bras before they cheapened the construction, glass wax in the pink can, and Easy-Off oven cleaner in the glass jar with the attached brush (it worked like nothing else). The old formulations of Shalimar and Opium, and the Lady Slipper line from The Thymes. Etc., etc.