Valued Contributor

Re: What words or phrases do you get sooo sick of hearing? ""Busy Mom""

Saying ""flavor"" when it should be ""scent"". Doubt people are eating beauty products...

Esteemed Contributor

It's rich when describing a clothing or purse item. I either like an item or I do not. I have never purchased for example a jacket because it looked rich.

Contributor

When a guest comes on who is a woman, they make a point of saying, "She's a mom," as if that somehow validates her credentials as a product representative.

They never introduce a man by saying, "He's a dad."

A woman's reproductive status should never be used as her on-air introduction. Like a man, her product knowledge and professional know-how should be highlighted.

Valued Contributor

For some reason 'easy peezy' annoys me.
Frequent Contributor

When something is 'delicious'....and it has nothing to do with food or eating.

Regular Contributor

""Gender-friendly"". Terrible.

Super Contributor

On 11/29/2014 Jes16 said:

Applies to the Q. Mini-course in sales tactics!:

- "Eveyone's buying more than one!"

- "They're going fast, you better hurry and place your order!"

- "It's only a $1- a day!"

- "Most sizes are VERY limited!"

- "This is just beautiful; this is my favorite; I love this one." (SG)

- "Price point" (past few years, instead of 'the price of')

What is so funny is when they get down to the one unpopular orange color left in a $250 handbag. All of a sudden the host starts telling everyone what a gorgeous, rich shade it is and how you can wear that putrid shade of orange with orchid (which happens to be the Pantone color of the year), and how you should not be afraid to wear orange and pink together...as long as you wear the colors with confidence. And...don't forget that orange makes a good neutral color...and BTW orange is always the perfect color for Halloween!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

I am getting a bit wary of "throw it in the wash, dryer", ect. It sounds like no one has a milisecond to take care of things. It starts to sound careless and wasteful. People spend their hard earned money on things- why would they be thrown anywhere?

Super Contributor

Another vote for denium friendly. Not that i am so sick of the phrase, I just don't like that the hosts think that blue shoes should go with blue jeans- I personally think Khaki jeans or Khaki twills look much better with blue shoes, a blue jacket, shirt, ect.

Regular Contributor

Jane's "thank you very much." She needs to stop that. Also "it's not just blank, it's a blank story." As in "it's not just the value, it's a versatility story." "It's not just the colors, it's a comfort story." It's like they are using a buzz terms from their sales meetings and I can't stand that. It's a characteristic of a product...it's not a story. I know. It's not that big of a deal, but it bothers me. P.S. I didn't have time to read all the responses because I'm busy. Heh.