Super Contributor

Re: What words or phrases do you get sooo sick of hearing? ""Busy Mom""

Awesome. Its over used and grates on my nerves. Also, everything else that everyone posted.

Honored Contributor

I'm NOT busy. What's my excuse to buy?

Respected Contributor

When they add a side note 'thank you very much'

Jane T. is a great one for that.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blush}Like Lisa, however I have heard her say "very quickly" hundreds of times. The word literally, and repeating one word three times in a row. Maybe if they would stop saying the "very quickly" they would have more time during the presentation of an item. LOL> just saying...

Valued Contributor

""Busy Mom"" is one that just grates on my nerves. And it's not just with the Q. I'm a mom and I dislike it!

Honored Contributor

And I'm only 5 foot 4 , says SG again and again.

Esteemed Contributor

A new word that I hear almost every day on one shopping channel or another in their description of whatever is being hawked.....and the word is ELEVATED. Susan Graver is definitely on the band wagon using that one to describe her frocks.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/29/2014 glmama said:

""Busy Mom"" is one that just grates on my nerves. And it's not just with the Q. I'm a mom and I dislike it!

me too. And I'm a mom as well. One of my girlfriends travels 80% of the time and although she is not a mom SHE is one busy lady. Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

On 11/29/2014 mickeysgirl said:

"Here are your colors...." The gorgeous, gorgeous blue which is my personal favorite," (the blue isn't selling very well) "the beautiful beautiful tan, which is the most limited," (we only bought 100 compared to 1000 of the other colors), "the absolutely, absolutely stunning green, which is the most popular, already 6000 of the green gone, I wouldn't wait on the green if I were you," (we have 20,000 of these green buggers we have to unload today), and the Uber, uber Designer Orange, which I have to say along with the blue is my favorite... but then they are all just so, so beautiful. I say pick up a neutral and then pick up this orange or blue for your pop color!" Very, very quickly, we're down to only 75 dozen of the blue, 7 dozen of the tan, 620 dozen of the green, and just a few more of the orange. I would NOT wait on these if I were you!

Denim Friendly, Denim Friendly, and did I mention DENIM FRIENDLY??? I've been watching for almost 20 years and they have ridden that pony until its lame, lame, uber, uber old, and stunningly irritating! I've never heard anything referred to as satin friendly, corduroy friendly, polyester friendly (poly rich yes but but not friendly) calf hair friendly, the list goes on and on and on. Are you saying it goes with blue??? Then why not pink friendly? Green friendly? and that very limited tan friendly?"

ciley-I laughed until I cried when reading this....I've had these thoughts many times!

Perfect! Or should I say "perfect perfect." {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Applies to the Q. Mini-course in sales tactics!:

- "Eveyone's buying more than one!"

- "They're going fast, you better hurry and place your order!"

- "It's only a $1- a day!"

- "Most sizes are VERY limited!"

- "This is just beautiful; this is my favorite; I love this one." (SG)

- "Price point" (past few years, instead of 'the price of')