Trusted Contributor

Re: What words or phrases do you get sooo sick of hearing? ""Busy Mom""

""You can pick up as many of these as you want!"" Really?
Contributor

On 9/2/2014 jump4joy said:
On 9/2/2014 Mama2KBR said:
On 9/2/2014 grammarqueen said:

Not actually a phrase, but I'm so sick of cosmetic vendors telling us that everyone can wear black mascara, black eyeliner and red lipstick - uh, that'd be a no.

Or pink blush, pink lipstick/gloss, green/blue eye shadows, heck, pastel colors for that matter too! Sure, I can wear them! (If I want to look like a Kewpie Doll!) I wore those garish colors when I was on the drill team in high school and HAD too. I can attest to the fact that I cannot wear those "everyone colors". {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

And please don't forget Bobbi Brown comment about everyone needing a yellow based foundation. I will never understand that!!!!!

Oh yes! That yellow based foundation would look just wonderful with my pink-undertoned skin would it not? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

On 9/2/2014 jump4joy said:
On 9/2/2014 grammarqueen said:

Not actually a phrase, but I'm so sick of cosmetic vendors telling us that everyone can wear black mascara, black eyeliner and red lipstick - uh, that'd be a no.

Or pink blush, pink lipstick/gloss, green/blue eye shadows, heck, pastel colors for that matter too! Sure, I can wear them! (If I want to look like a Kewpie Doll!) I wore those garish colors when I was on the drill team in high school and HAD too. I can attest to the fact that I cannot wear those "everyone colors". {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

And please don't forget Bobbi Brown comment about everyone needing a yellow based foundation. I will never understand that!!!!!

Oh yes! That yellow based foundation would look just wonderful with my pink-undertoned skin would it not? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I'm a Soft (Toned) Summer Light, and I look hideous in anything really dark or bright and need to stick to neutral foundations that aren't too pink nor yellow. My colors need to be muted. I always wished in these makeup kits and GWP's they'd offer a choice of brown or black/brown mascara too.

Occasional Contributor

I like Sandra but.... everything she is presenting is ""wildly popular"".

Respected Contributor

It annoys me when the hosts tell the producer to order them whatever they are presenting. I am sure they saw the product before the show and could have done it then. Just a ploy. How dumb do they think we are.

Also when they say a certain lipstick looks good on all skin tones. That is not possible. Who is deciding this. I think we all decide ourselves what looks good on us.

Esteemed Contributor

Related to "Busy Mom" is the sales tactic of telling women, " "We do so much for others and put ourselves last." Oh yeah? Then why am I watching these clothing and jewelry shows and ordering things I don't need? Sure, there are women who make sacrifices for others but to use that as a sales ploy is demeaning...and often untrue.
Super Contributor

So very many here, haven't read all, but one of mine is "kind off" "It's exactly like 'kind of' cashmere. It either IS or it ISN'T. and newscasters who so often say MondEy, TuesdEy, etc it's dAy!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

I dislike:

""Age is just a number.""

""Better than the alternative.""

""70 years young.""

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Pook said:

When someone says someone is 62 years young. You don't say a child is 5 years young so why be patronizing to those older. Another one is when someone calls anyone they don't know honey, sweetie, etc.

Oh I so agree with this! See my post this morning. It is so condescending. Whenever it's said to me, I immediately respond "I'm not young, I'm old!" I don't consider anyone over 65 "young." One is lucky to still be here at that age. I am 76 and have lost a lot of contemporaries, as well as much younger family and friends. I ask myself every morning, "Why am I still here?"

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

"What up?"

I just called my doctor's office and was put on hold. Then someone picked up and said, "Haaaayyy, what up?" I said excuse me? She said, "Hello?" I said hello, and she mumbled something and got off the phone.