Super Contributor

Re: What words or phrases do you get sooo sick of hearing? ""Busy Mom""

On 9/2/2014 sun8shine said:

I never want to hear anyone say Va-jay-jay again.

Oh and Cray-Cray is over too. Just stop it.

And amazeballs.

Super Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Snow Owl said:
On 9/2/2014 sun8shine said:

I never want to hear anyone say Va-jay-jay again.

Oh and Cray-Cray is over too. Just stop it.

And amazeballs.

Yes!!!!

Regular Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 9/2/2014 Bandwife said:
On 9/2/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I have a teen and the new word is "lowkey". Said as one word. I have no idea what she is saying. I asked her once if she was talking about Thor's brother. That didn't go over well. I hate that word. It isn't even used like "low key". It's not even a real word.

I'll have to ask my hubby about that one! He's a teacher and usually comes home & talks about the latest "word" or "saying." Has your daughter said this one ("The struggle is real")? That one runs rampant in our area. I laugh and think, "some of these kids have NO EARTHLY IDEA what in the world it even means to struggle! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thank goodness that I haven't heard that one yet. As a divorced mother of two she may have heard it but not have the guts to say it, lol. I am glad she stopped saying "ghetto", I didn't like that one.

LOL...oh yes...."ghetto." How could I forget that one? LOL. My hubby hears that quite a bit. I have a gf who used to work @ a school here before she moved back to the West Coast. A student was talking about gangs. My friend laughed and said, "you should come home w/me one weekend...you'd REALLY see what kind of gangs are out here in the world! He just gave her a blank look. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Oh, and to the poster who mentioned "cray-cray" I can add to that one. I sat in disbelief one day in the dr's office as I heard two grown women saying that along w/other various versions of it..."she's 8 kinds of cray-cray," "he's all kinds of cray-cray." I thought, "OMG...and why are you saying this at a volume where we can ALL hear you? You would have thought they would have been embarrassed. Clearly, they were not.

Trusted Contributor

Kfar | ADMIRER 2 | 09.23.2012 6:03 AM

1. “I can’t keep track of my shoes. Good Grief. How am I gunna keep track with how many minutes I’ve used?”
2. “It will absolutely pay for itself over and over and over and over again.”
3. “My Producer, Pat, just caught my Minnesota accent rearing its ugly head: Ya know….fer sure.”
4. “When we say we’ve gone to the well for the last time, we mean it.”
5. “Believe me when I say, not only will it save you money, but it could. Save. Your. Life.”
6. “It almost looks like a high-definition screen!”
7. “When you see what’s included, you’re gunna lose your mind!”
8. “We’ve been waiting for this for years! Years and years and years.”
9. “There are a lot of operating systems that are named after food. That is near and dear to my heart.”
10. “They used to call me ‘Casper’, Stephanie, so I can identify.”
11. “So, it’s bigger on the bottom and smaller on the top. That makes sense! I’m bigger on the bottom and smaller on top.
12. “Now I’m giving myself palpitations.”
13. “I’ll just keep talkin’. Don’t you worry.”
14. “You look like a million bucks. You doooo.”
15. “You cannot put a price on younger looking skin, and this is the most affordable way to get it.”
16. “Even ‘Miss Gaga’ was gaga for this steamer!”
17. “There’s not enough memory in the world that could house the bloopers that I’ve had.”
18. “I know I keep saying: easy, easy, easy, easy, easy, easy.”
19. “It will pay for itself over and over and over and over again.”
20. “When we say this is the best of the best of the best of the best, it really doesn’t get any better than this.”
Honored Contributor

awesome

cray-cray

vay cay for vacation

Regular Contributor

On 9/2/2014 colliegirls said:

I hate when anyone talks about how busy they are as if the rest of us have our thumbs up our you-know-what. We are all busy doing whatever we have chosen to do with our lives!

AMEN!

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 iam4truth said:

Retailers referencing "Black Friday" all year. And the new "cyber Monday". Now every sale is better than, as good as, or similarly compared to Black Friday.

I always thought that Black Friday was the day the stock market crashed! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

wildly popular

crazy good

glorious

I will tell you

bullet proof

pick a color...as they say in my nail salon

monied

old money

madison ave

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 conniec said:
On 9/2/2014 expatgal said:

The "we're all SO busy" has to be at the top of my list. I was "busy" for 25 years when I worked, and I no longer AM busy, WANT to be busy, or WILL BE busy! I swear sometimes I think most people believe if they just can fill every single hour of every single day with something, the won't have to cope with their real lives. It's almost like they are afraid to have quiet time alone to really reflect on themselves and their lives.

This^^....I think women use the term "busy" cause it makes them sound important, or that their life is so interesting and exciting...but I have always thought this also, that they can't deal with real life so they have to stay constantly busy doing something, anything...I am a stay at home mom, and yes, I have days that are busy, but mostly I have a lot of free time, kids are in school from 8:30-4...I don't need to fill up my time with a need to be" busy," nor do I cart my kids to every activity so they can also be busy...they have their activities, but we don't run around crazy every afternoon....

ITA x 10!!!! I have a sister that was a product of the 80's..everyone was a Yuppie' and your Filofax or Dayplanner was full which meant you were important. 30 yrs later....she's STILL that way! When she calls me, it's almost like she's panting because she's running..."I'm soooo (breath) busy!" I slide right over it...I don't say a thing about it anymore. That thought is soooooo yesterday! When I posted this on my FB, I think she got the hint, cuz she doesn't do the 'busy' business to me anymore!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honored Contributor

One that doesn't make sense to me is when they refer to being pregnant as ""p g"" ...

Who came up with THAT dumb one?