Trusted Contributor

Re: What will you use to the last drop?

@Icegoddess
Ditto on finding other uses for stuff. Like using unliked hair conditioner for shaving cream.
If I have a face cream I don't especially care for, I'll use it as a neck/decolletage cream
Trusted Contributor

I try to get the last drop out of anything I repurchase.  Hourglass primer, Josie Maran Argon Milk and Special Reserve Oil, Batiste dry shampoo, Kenra hairspray, Tatcha Kissu lip mask, Bare Minerals Bisque, toothpaste, mouth wash. LOL.  

I think that's all my faves-- oh wait Cerave body lotion and face cleanser, Josie Maran Argon Milk Self Tanning with DHT, Dr Nassiff ezcema cream.

Respected Contributor

@Midmod I love my BOOTS no7 Protect & Perfect cream!  I rub the inside of the jar slick and clean, never waste a drop!!

Honored Contributor

My top 4 hair & skin care product loves are:

• WEN
  • Paula's Choice
  • Peter Thomas Roth
  • Naturium

I will admit each line has had an item or two that I just did not love no matter how much I tried to talk myself into it, so I would finally toss it, but that is a rarity with these lines.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Gold Bond Radiance Renwal Body Lotion.  More like a body butter in a pump bottle which makes it rather difficult to get the last of it out.  Turning it upside down and using a flip top lid doesn't work as it's too thick for the hole in the lid, so I remove the lid and just let the air push it out when I gently sqeeze.  I really have to bang it to get it all down to the lid, but by the time I'm done with it, there's nothing left in the bottle.  

@Icegoddess  I've found that adding a little water and shaking well will thin a product enough to either pump or pour the rest of it out. I don't like to waste my lotions either!

My favorite is Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing--nothing else has ever healed my dry skin so quickly (and made enough of a difference after several weeks of use that I could skip a day or two and still not feel dry) or helped with my minor eczema flares.

Honored Contributor

All of my beauty care

..and things like toothpaste....will cut tubes in half and get another week out of toothpaste tubes

waste not want not

Esteemed Contributor

Amara Beauty Vitamin C serum
Amara Beauty Retinol Cream
Gold Bond Neck & Chest (always cut open the tube to scrape out the last drop!)
Amara Resveratrol Moisturizer

That's my entire skin care routine, folks. Use every last bit of each one and replace with same.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Most all of it--I have a teeny, tiny little spatual that I can get ALL the product out of jars and even tubes. i cut the tubes open too--not wasting a singe speck of product!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

Those teeny tiny spatulas are a game changer Smiley Happy  I remember seeing the Shark Tank episode where those were first introduced.

Honored Contributor

Zoom, a magnified image of Light Reflecting™ Foundation, Salzburg

Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL