Esteemed Contributor

Re: What will really soften my feet?

I try to do weekly footsoaks with Epsom salts and Wen tea tree oil. I find this is the best when I do it religiously.  I do my pedicures at home and use the Emjoii pedi to exfoliate .  I also use the Wen oil before bed and seal it in was the nourishing body treatment.  Once a month or so I treat myself to a treatment such as baby feet.  

Respected Contributor

The Alpha Hydrox foot cream was recommended to me as well.  Im using it, and it does soften the feet.  I'll add,  a pedicure, and foot file are the only way to maintain softened skin.  The alpha hydrox is an aid to help exfoiliate the dead skin.  As for myself, I need to keep up with both the cream, and foot file between pedicures.

Trusted Contributor

From time to time I slather my feet in Vaseline, wrap Saran Wrap around them then put socks over it  I leave them like this for a few hours.  The results are baby soft feet.

Honored Contributor

Shea butter, saran wrap, and socks over night. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a combination of things that I use to exfoliate & soften. The first is Stridex pads used for acne. It's the salicylc acid that esfoliates. The second is a lavender salt scrub that I keep in the shower. And the third is any kind of really creamy lotion that I put on after exfoliating & put on extra before bed (no socks). I use different combinations of the above & just keep going until things are softened.

Respected Contributor

I flip from product to product but I always use the emjoy pedicure device then I put on either Korres body butter, Beekman body butter or Borghese body cream. They all work well. 

Regular Contributor

All of this advice is very good. I have followed it myself, and it works. However, I'll suggest here a different approach.

There is a treatment product called BABY FOOT ($25 for one time use). This treatment consists of wearing these plastic booties filled with a solution that exfoliates OVER THE COURSE OF A WEEK. You wear them for one hour, remove, wash your feet....and wait. In a few days, all the dead crusty callousy stuff starts peeling naturally. About a week later, your feet will be nice and soft and callous-free. You can repeat the process every 4 weeks, or 6, depending on when your feet start looking ugly again, and depending on whether you can afford the treatments.

Because I do this regularly, I do not apply lotions or wear socks at night, or use any callous removing tools. I do use a very moisturizing soap when I bathe so my feet reap the benefits too.

Ulta sells BABY FOOT, as well as Amazon, but I've been able to find it locally at my beauty spa. HTH

Honored Contributor

Kerasal intensive foot repair,on amazon $7.84, best stuff, only place i have found this kerasal.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Kerasal intensive foot repair,on amazon $7.84, best stuff, only place i have found this kerasal.

I was very skeptical when I bought this and read the raving reviews. It probably won't work on my horrible feet, I thought. Surprisingly it did work! Yay! I will now use this stuff religiously! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@Haircut100 babyfoot didn't work for me. Tried it a couple of times. Had minimal shedding.