Super Contributor

Re: What was your hair like BEFORE WEN????

It wasn't that my hair was so terrible, but WEN actually simplified my hair care and has made it better in the process.

During my 5+ WEN years, my hair has usually been a few inches below my shoulders and I blow dry and use hot rollers regularly. My hair is blonds and fine, and it was hard to find a good shampoo conditioner combo that didn't weigh my hair down. I always found that cream rinse worked best, but it was always hard to find. If I went without conditioner, then it was tangled and I had flyaways from dry inside air. The serums that were available at that time really weighed it down and it looked greasy even though I had just washed it.

With WEN I cleanse apply SC and I am good to go, my hair is soft, but will hold a style.

Since I am admitted beauty product junkie, I keep reading about all the new hair care products and have been tempted (products that repair, give volume, etc), but WEN does such a good job for me, I haven't strayed.

Michele

Respected Contributor

I didn't think my hair was all that damaged before using WEN...just a little dry from heat styling and highlights. But now that a few inches have grown out, WOW! I can really tell a difference! My WEN hair is silky, smooth and shiney. My 'poo hair is rougher in texture (though better since I started WEN) and tends to have more frizz. If I run my fingers down my hair from my part, I can tell immediately when they hit 'poo hair!

My hair is also more manageable now. I've completely quit with heated styling tools and just blow dry. Sometimes I use the round brush with the blow dryer, more often I use it after I'm thru drying and just smooth my hair with it.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/1/2014 terrier3 said:

I think you would have to have really terrible hair to notice such a huge difference...

This is so not true. My daughter is 2 years old with coarse, very curly thick hair. Just for some hair background, I am a mix of Asian and AA and her father is Dominican. I just started her on Wen Kids this past March, the same time I started Wen myself. Before Wen, her curls were frizzy and there was no way I could get a comb through it. I am ashamed to say, but I wouldn't touch her hair - I would always have the babysitter style her since she had more experience with my daughter's hair type. Since using Wen, her hair is so much more manageable, her curls are springy, and I can comb through her hair easily. Not to mention, she has more hair now than all of the other 2 year olds we know.

Edited to add, if you compare our hair types to the Wen models, mine is more like Hendrika's (sp?) and hers is More like Wendy's.

Super Contributor

Yes, I definitely notice a difference. My hair has always been naturally on the dry side and wavy/curly, but pre-Wen I got by using leave-ins and serums to get a comb or brush through my hair and get some shine to it. I also color my hair which doesn't help either. Then about 4 or 5 years ago a hairstylist talked me into a Keratin treatment which did the opposite of what he said it would do and completely fried my hair. On top of that I was going through a stressful time and was losing hair from the stress and the damage. I decided to try Wen and never looked back.

Super Contributor

My hair was in great condition, prior to finding wen I thought my hair was actually very nice. I noticed the first week of using wen my hair was even better than it had been, it was nice x 3. I had noticeable more oomph to my fine hair and an amazing shine. Wen is the only beauty product I HAVE to have, I bought my first wen set fall 2010 and I am still enjoying my fab wen hair.
Valued Contributor

Before WEN my hair looked like straw. Thanks to the horrible cut that a stylist gave me that was "hacked" and that she fried my hair trying to give me blonde highlights. Every time I would wash my hair I would have enough hair in the drain to make "a small wig" as my husband would say. Now my hair no longer looks like straw and I don't find hair in the shower anymore. The stylist didn't help my hair any, but neither did the shampoo I was using. IT WAS SCARECROW DRY! Everyone raves about my hair now and (I know even though they never said it) they thought my hair looked really bad before WEN. I just could tell by their expressions or from being asked if I was going to the stylist soon! Thanks to WEN my hair is great and the TT has helped my husband who has extremely dry skin/scalp. It used to be so dry it hurt him.

Regular Contributor

I started using Wen over two years ago because I was tired of having to dye my hair every two weeks! My hair grows very fast, and I would have a white "part" with faded/brassy brunette back and sides, yuck. Wen does not fade my color, and my scalp feels great. My hair was not too bad, but the upkeep was driving me crazy. Wen simplified/reduced the cost of my hair maintenance {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. My daughter, who has "virgin" hair, has also noticed a huge difference with fading since she started using Wen. I know it sounds weird, but her natural hair was so faded that her natural highlights were not even noticeable! Not anymore! I don't think it is always about the "condition" of the hair that causes some of us to swear by Wen.

Respected Contributor

No changes- I just use it because my hair tangles easily

Super Contributor

Dry and a little stressed.
Trusted Contributor

My exhubby and I owned a Salon for..well he still owns it. I've always had healthy hair, and used salon products from an early age.

So when I used WEN there was no great difference for me...I quit using the cleansing wash a couple yrs ago, except I still use the 613 as a leave in conditioner on occasion..I like the oils and styling creams, but the cleanser left a build up on my scalp no matter what.

I'm now using Paul MItchell, Awapuhi Ginger line. it's sulfate free and has bubbles. I use the poo, conditioner rinse, treatment, oil, styling product for heat appliances....and Spray for natural beach look waves for lazy days. It smells great too.

I'm very happy with it, and needed a change !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~