Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was your hair like BEFORE WEN????

I've always had pretty good hair...I do color it...I do use hair dryer and curling iron/hot rollers...always have.

W/ Wen I have been able to grow my hair to bra length and have no split ends. As someone else posted...I only have to have the tips trimmed or the layers shaped up because I want to...not because of damage or split ends. I also do not have to wash it everyday because even after I work out...the scalp doesn't get an oily look. I just refresh the hair w/o having to do the full cleansing and drying. (oh my...how I love the extra time).

I tried growing my hair out before I turned 40 and it just looked limp and straggly when it got to below shoulder length. The only thing that's changed in my routine is using Wen. If you saw me from the back you would not know I was in my 50's...my hair looks that good.

Now from the front...well, that's a whole different story!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Hi terrier!

Prior to Wen, I used Pantene Curly and my hair was very healthy. I had gotten rid of the relaxer a few years prior.

I started using Wen a year ago. My hair has remained healthy and the biggest thing I have noticed is that my grays are brilliant. With Pantene they were yellow.

Prior to Pantene, my hair was thinning (40s thinning). That was one reason I went natural. I started using Rogaine to address it. That works.

Then Wen, Wen Tea Tree, Wen Tea Tree Oil Treatment. I stopped using Rogaine in certain areas. The Tea Tree is working but it's too soon to give final results.

Because Wen TT is making my hair longer and Wen 613 is strengthening my hair, especially my ends, I am getting frizz. I'm using Frizz Ease to address that and ordered a kit with the stylers over the weekend.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Regular Contributor

I just started using wen this past march. My hair was very damaged. Heat, bleach, and color. Although I haven't colored my hair in two years. And the bleach highlights I had were from 3 years ago. My hair is still damaged but is looking a lot better. My hair dresser just told me that it really isn't damaged at all so I'm not sure if I'm just too critical of the way my hair looks or if she isnt tellinge the truth. After using wen for 6 months there is a big difference. My hair is on its way to looking the way I want it too. I don't look like one of the wen girls! Lol. But I'm very happy.
Valued Contributor

Fine, thin, dry, impossible to control. No day was ever a good hair day. Curly and frizzy to boot.

My hair is slowly getting longer and thicker now, I've been using WEN for almost 2 years. My hair is shinier, and when I let the bottom dry naturally, has bounce. When I try to blow dry it straight I get frizz and flyaways that makes it necessary to pile on styling creme, etc. in order to control. I got a better dryer with nozzle and that has helped some, also, but I am still not thrilled with my ends when I blow dry them. (Chaz hates this, anyway, I know).

I've decided to stop trying to wear it straight and enjoy some bouncy curls for now and air dry the bottom half. No frizz at all when I do that. (edited to add, this didn't work before I used WEN, drying naturally just made it a curlier mess.)

Super Contributor

When I started using WEN (8 yrs ago) I wasn't coloring my hair or using heated styling tools. I had baby fine hair, extremely oily scalp and super dry ends and lots of split ends since my early teens. If I used a blow dryer, it just caused my hair to become fly away and frizzy. I tried everything, sometimes washing my hair 2-3 times a day. I wasn't over processing it, but I was abusing it by doing what the shampoo industry told me to do - use shampoo for oily hair, then try to repair the damage with conditioner.

That's why I started using WEN - I understood Chaz' concept of gentle cleansing without stripping your natural oils. It worked for me - I went from cleansing daily or twice a day to cleansing 3 times a week and had hair that I could use a blow dryer to create a style without it becoming a frizzy mess.

I wouldn't have stayed with WEN for 8 years if I didn't see a dramatic difference. Before WEN I never finished a bottle of shampoo before I was on to the next "best thing". WEN has not given me thick, lush hair, it will always be fine, but I have the best hair I can have and I'm not fighting it. I cleanse, dry and I'm done, no muss no fuss.

Super Contributor

I can't say I have noticed a lot of difference in my hair, I do keep my hair very very short because it looks better, so I get it cut every 4 weeks so I really don't have older hair. My hair isn't oily or dry, just normal I guess but it is kind of fine. I've let my go natural which is around 70 % white and the white just sparkles. I do notice I don't loose as much hair after washing my hair using WEN, not very many hairs in the sink and if I use the oils like I'm supposed to it does grow faster.
Honored Contributor

I had breakage and thinning hair which would not hold a style. It took 6 months for me to notice the difference and now on year 4 it keeps improving and has doubled in thickness. I also had to wash my hair everyday and if going some where nice in the evening I would wash my hair again. Now I wash and can go 2 days without washing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I have used Wen for over two years. My hair has changed a lot. Before Wen, I had very dry, frizzy, over processed hair with lots of split ends. But it is so funny because at the time, I didn't think my hair was that bad. After using Wen for about a year, I looked at my pre Wen hair in my driver's license picture. Oh my! My hair looked pretty bad. Now, my hair is healthy, smooth, and bouncy. I never get split ends. I love cleansing my hair because I know I am doing something good for my hair. I love my Wen!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

I have fine hard that was pretty good until I hit 40. I'm not quite sure what happened but my job did become more stressful and I have hard water, which is hard hair. I had been using a SLS free shampoo (a natural shampoo, free of lots of 'stuff') and couldn't get my hair to grow much past my chin. The ends were so dry and I only highlighted my hair about 3times a year. I did use a hair dryer daily on low heat. I used jojoba oil, coconut oil, shampoo, conditioner, detangling spray, heat protectant spray, and still blah. Happened upon WEN and researched a lot. It's been 10 months and my hair is getting better, the ends are starting to retain more moisture and my hair has some body. Some people have great hair, some have good hair, some have more challenging hair. Some people have great eyesight their whole life, some need glasses at a young age.
Frequent Contributor

My hair was shiny, a little on the wavy side, before WEN. I used LUSH products. WEN products made my hair sleek and shiny, but my roots and hair were flat. I had to give up WEN cc recently because I can no longer afford it. My hair has a little more bounce to it with the stuff I use now. I still have oils, rtms, and serum to play with though.