Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was your hair like BEFORE WEN????

I use Wen Tea Tree almost all the time and my hair looks decent & healthy but mostly I like that my color doesn't fade as much so I only need to get my roots done most of time as opposed to having the color pulled through every time and best of all I have very few hairs in the sink after cleansing which pleases me greatly as my hair is thinning on top. However, if I'm going to something special, a wedding, a party or whatever and want it too look it's best just for that day I switch to my regular shampoo & conditioner for more fullness, bounce & shine.

Frequent Contributor

My hair now: fine, thin, but healthy. No split ends. No damage to be seen.

THEN (pre-Wen): still fine, much thinner, dry crispy ends for about 2 inches, needed trims every 6 weeks to get rid of damage.

Honored Contributor

No product is a miracle in a bottle, so my hair looked very much the same way before as it does now. Here are the differences, which ARE changes in quality:

I get fewer split ends.

I have less breakage around my crown, where I used to get a halo of short broken hairs.

My hair isn't as dry. It still gets dry if I change formulas or styling products, but it's not as dry. I don't get staticky, even when I pull a poly top out of the dryer, hear it crackle, and put it over my head. That use to make my hair fly up over my head, but it doesn't now.

My wavy/curly hair has more curls and better definition.

My hair feels softer, both in the shower and when it's dry. It just feels better.

Does it look significantly different? Probably not, because I didn't get it cut or make any changes to the way I style it. I really think dramatic visual changes come from styling, not washing, and I know I didn't buy a new hair style. But I did get healthier hair, which is what I was promised.

Occasional Contributor

My hair was seriously puffy and BIG with ridiculous frizz before Wen. I always have had some wave to my hair but as I've gotten older (and especially after 40) it has been getting curlier and curlier with each passing year. For years in my mid to late 30's I fought it by using a flat iron every day to straighten it. Resistance is futile, though, and over time my hair was getting serious split ends and damage. So after 40 I tried to work with it but the frizz and puffiness were out of control.

Then a friend introduced me to Wen and with time and patience I've finally figured out how to work with my curls! I have defined curls and less frizz (actually NO frizz on the days I can let my air completely air dry...darn blow dryers). My hair color doesn't wash out as quickly and my oily scalp has been normalized so that I can now skip wash days. That was unheard of before Wen!

Trusted Contributor

Before Wen, my split ends had split ends.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Super Contributor

My hair is naturally curly,3b curls (spiral curls),a little dry,I have thick/thin hair its a oddball mix lol I also dye my hair thanks to the greys and my hair is a little above bra strap length.

I used to flat iron my hair a lot wich of course I had major damage on the top layer of my hair and split end city and my hair wouldn't get any longer it just kept breaking off. So 5 months ago I stopped straightening completely and embraced my curls. I was using various Shea Moisture products,a leave in conditioner by Mixed Chicks & Miss Jessies,etc.....I was getting good results definition wise but still had some frizzies and lack of volume.

I have been dieing to try Wen for years! But I didn't know anyone who had used it. Finally last year I found out one of my friends was using Wen and she let me borrow the lavender CC and omg no lie I hated the scent plus it left my hair dry and zero volume!! I was disappointed....and continued on trying other cc's from other companies and kept using shampoo's and conditioner......fast forward to last month in August I came across Chaz and on of his infomercials again and it peaked my interest! So I have 2 friends that use Wen and talked to them about it and both pretty much had all good things to say so I took a chance and made a order!! I have used my Wen CC 2x now along with a dose of the 613 CC and OMG amazing! I have ZERO frizz and my 3b curls are flawless,I have lots of volume too!!!! Overall my hair looks and totally feels 100% soft & manageable & different wich I love!! Also for the 1st time in 5 months I straightened my hair and the Wen styling products made it significantly easier. Usually I have to put my straightener on the highest setting to get my hair super straight but not this time!! The Wen styling products I believe helped tons. I don't plan to straighten often just maybe once in a while or when I get my hair trimmed (I get it trimmed dry), Also I still have a few damaged ends from before 5 months ago from the heat damage that won't curl,they stay straight lol but the Wen has helped with them too!!! Yes I need them cut off wich they will be next month but I can say after using Wen products there had been a visible improvement with my hair and I'm looking forward to a very long future with Wen!!!!

Only thing I will use on occasion is a clarifying shampoo as needed with my Wen..otherwise no more regular shampoo & conditioner for me!