Super Contributor

Re: What was your best beauty find in 2014?

Happy New Year, DJ in FL! Where in FL do you live? I'm thinking about retiring to St. Augustine in about 7 years!

Some of my finds this year are:

Younique 3D mascara - really AMPS your lashes - best I've ever seen.

Bliss grapefruit and aloe hand lotion - ahhhhh!

It! Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye - I have serious under eye issues and this is the best I've used (so far)

Reindeer Rock soap from LUSH - OMG smells so good (if you like sweet)

Respected Contributor

On 12/28/2014 lovestoteach said:
On 12/26/2014 maestra said:
On 12/26/2014 lovestoteach said:

Estee Lauder Serum -- use it everyday and its a HG NOW

Stila silk shimmer luxe gloss -- keeps the lips from drying out

Dr. Gross Ferrulic + Retinol eye and neck serum

Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

Nothing else in my regimen is new... I keep hoping that the things I am presently using will continue to be available.

Which serum? EL has quite a few in their skincare line? Just curious...

oops! Sorry maestra... meant to go and look at this one for the exact title... it is Advanced Night Repair "Synchronized Recovery Complex II" I was using a previous verson, used it up, and this new, fresh one is a tad better. However, since my first foray into the EL serum was based on a cheaper bottle and I used it up, I took the plunge and bought a great big bottle. My skin doesn't like much of anything and it drinks this up! No breakouts, no residue, no smell. A teacher-friend whose brother is a derm, suggested this for her 30 years ago and her skin looks lovely. She also uses the perfector (in the lavendar bottle) -- I do not care for that one because of the perfumey smell. HTH

Thanks, ltt-will give this look since my skin is also sensitive and finicky.

Honored Contributor

ooh I forgot one more- Blinc's new jet black primer but I use it as my mascara. I have not a single desire now to use anything else now, which is a big deal for me since I always liked trying out different mascaras. I finally found my HG mascara.

Contributor

Permanent eyeliner! Castor oil for overnight hair treatment Illumask red light therapy Facial exercises
Honored Contributor

The trash can was my best find. I am using a lot less ""stuff"" and my skin looks so much better. A lot of these things like serums and such were making my face red.

Esteemed Contributor

Without a doubt the really tiny diameter Mabelline mascara with tiny bristles. I have short eyelashes and very slightly protruding eyes and this is the only mascara I can use without getting it on my skin. It's perfect!

Frequent Contributor

I have spent a lot of money in 2014 on skincare and make-up in an ongoing effort to look less than my 54 years! So my winner for best this last year is Kate Somerville's gift duo of ExfoliKate and Dermaquench. My DH gave this to me as a gift and I absolutely am crazy in love with these products. Makes my skin look and feel positively silky and radiant. Wish they weren't so pricey but they are worth every penny. Also fell in love with or back in love with Tarte, Laura Gellar and Malley. On flip side I confirmed my dislike for Bare Minerals. Just does not work for me
Respected Contributor

Two for me are L'Occitane Mom and Baby Balm...in a metal tin and great on face especially around my eyes which get dry and sting. It is unscented and non irritating.

Also from Restoration Hardware, their unscented No-Crack Hand Cream. Last time I purchased it was $18.00 for a large 16 oz tub. Great on heels, elbows...all dry body issues. I find their scented cream to be too strong.

Respected Contributor

In the make-up department I am really liking philosophy No Reason To Hide instant skin tone moisturizer in fair. It has enough coverage to be a foundation and best of all it doesn't turn 'yellow' on my pinkish skin. I also have a problem with foundation looking grainy on my nose after a bit...it kind of separates ( is there a name for this) after an hour or so and this does not seem to do that as much.

Super Contributor

I've already posted but I have a few more to add to my list:

ASDM Vitamin C serum with MAP. Silky formula that contains a few other actives besides the C ester. Remains stable for months at the appropriate pH and is a generous 2 oz bottle. If anyone is sensitive to Ascorbic Acid, I highly recommend this one.

Silk Naturals Ultra Sheer Zinc Finishing powder. I use for added sun protection and found this one to be the best zinc powder that I've used. It's white, but ultra-fine and doesn't leave a white cast on my skin when used alone. I like to mix it to with BE Mineral Veil orig. Spf to get the added TD protection.

Silk Naturals Ultimate Luxury powder. If I look up the ingredients I'll lose my post, but it also contains the zinc as well as Silk and pearl powder. I think there was a 4th ingredient, but you get the idea.

One of the things that I like about some of the smaller indy companies is that you can order sample sizes. The Zinc and Luxury powders are both sample sizes and I've been using them daily for about 8 months. I think they were $2 a piece.

For the geeky people like me, here's the ingredients for the Luxury Silk powder:

Ingredients: Mica and Magnesium Myrsistate, Pearl Powder, Pure Silk Powder, Zinc Oxide, L-Ascorbly Palmitate, Rose Petals,Allantoin, Silica