Contributor

Re: What was your best beauty find in 2014?

Hi, can you tell me where you get your Camilla oil?
On 12/23/2014 baker said:

Organic camellia oil, I can't believe the way it sinks into the skin and plumps the skin, you should see my 64 year old neck. Also, it's a great anti inflammatory, I've been using it for about 5 weeks and no more redness on my face. I truly do not have to wear makeup, but I do because I love it.

Respected Contributor

On 12/24/2014 howwhatwhen said:
On 12/24/2014 mima said:
On 12/23/2014 howwhatwhen said:

I'd have to say that mine is the Le Mieux Skin Perfecter. I use it every other night and I am so amazed at the stuff that comes out of my pores even after washing and toning. My complexion looks so much better...no more black "dots" allover my nose just clear pores, lol

Reading your post cost me a couple hundred bucks! LOL Thanks! I don't watch QVC anymore and have never heard of the Le Mieux Skin Perfecter. I just googled it, watched a youtube video and then read the reviews here on the Q. Sounds exactly like what I need!

I am so anxious to get it that I paid extra to get it this Friday!

Thanks for posting about it!!!

I hope it works for you just as it as for me. Even my son will ask if he can use my "face thing", lol. He is in his 20's and loves to get all the gunk out of his pores too. Here is a tip, if you can see anything in one of your pores you can just hold the corner of the blade just under that pore and the vibration from the blade will cause the debris in your pore will "wiggle" out. I know that sounds gross put I am amazed and it doesn't leave depressions makes or cause any surface scarring like...well I don't know that exact name of it but it a metal loop with a hole in the middle that you place over the acne/blackhead and press it into your skin to dislodge whatever is in the pore. I have one of them and at times whatever was in the pore was difficult to remove and/or I was too aggressive but I'd end up with a mark on my skin that I'd have, sometimes have for weeks, before it faded but with the Le Mieux I don't have any of that happening. You will get slightly red after use but the redness quickly fades away and I use it at night so I don't worry to much about the redness since I'm going to bed anyway. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the tips! I can't wait to get it (tomorrow hopefully). I'll post back.

Trusted Contributor

I really like the Makeup Forevever HD cream blush. Just a pretty flush of color. Also, the IT CC foundation and their Bye Bye Undereye Corrector. I use the the Peter Thomas Roth foundation too for more coverage and like that a lot, and his mascara is the best I've ever tried. No more clumping eyelashes.
Regular Contributor

Great thread. I have several... 1. Dr Brandt's Unwrinkle Eye. Expensive but worth it and I only use it in the morning. 2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion as a face moisturizer. I have combination skin that is extremely dry/flaky in some areas and very oily and acne prone in others. I also suffer from rosacea and dermatitis and a lot of moisturizers either dry my skin even more (ddmg from clinique for example) or they make my skin break out. This moisturizer just works for me. I mix it with 1/2 scoop of Philosophy's Turbo Booster Vit C in the morning to make it even much better. 3. Josie Maran's hand cream in Vanilla Apricot. Love, just love, that stuff. I work as a skin consultant for a major company and this cream keeps my hands soft and nice looking without feeling greasy. The smell is not overpowering and does not give me a migraine. 4. Calista Tools Hot Rollers for long hair. Finally! Supermodel curls and dozens of compliments on my waist length hair. I don't know why it has so many bad reviews. This was my best hair purchase of the year. 5. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash and Body Buttercream. Sephora has these on a set and on sale and I bought them as a gift for myself. Awesome. They smell like lemon custard. I will buy the bigger size of the body wash as soon as I can. Very relaxing smell. I use it at night when I want to fall asleep asap. 6. Philosophy's Sweets for the Stocking set. I gave this to the cleaning lady at work and she was so happy. It was a hit. It smells like almond. Delicious! She loved it and now I want it for myself. 7. Tibolli Moisture Must Cream (buy this at an authorized beauty salon, beauty supply or online). Another awesome product I found this year. I use wen as a cleanser, but I was noticing it was making my hair heavy if used as a leave in. Now I use wen's replenishing treatment mist and a couple of pumps of this product on top as a leave in. That combination makes my hair soft without adding extra weight. I love it. These are the ones I can think of at the moment. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Honestly, BOTOX! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Happy and Healthy New Year everyone!

Trusted Contributor

SKINN skincare, WEN seasonals, Hourglass ambient powders and foundation primer, IT powder, Matrix Iron Tamer, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau foundation, Deborah Lippmann Gel Labs set, and the Beachwaver.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

On 12/24/2014 howwhatwhen said:
On 12/24/2014 Shiloh09 said: Has to be It Cosmetics CC cream. Three people complimented me on hoe fresh and rested I looked...asked what I'd been doing for myself!!! I love IT!

Well, well, well!!! I'm not sure you can be a hoe and fresh at the same time. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I know you meant "how" but this mistake made my night. Have a great evening and a wonderful xmas.

Did that d**n AUTOCORRECT strike again? ~M€RR¥ €HR]STMAS~

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Well nothing I ordered from shopping channels impressed me...I would not repeat any of them. I am buying some Clinque Even Better Eyes cuz I am out of it and then saving for Botox or Laser treatment. I will use my income tax return for that also. I am sick of wasting money on junk. I got a sample of Benefit moisturizer at Sephora and liked it a lot to help my flaking winter skin. I might buy some of that in a kit perhaps. I also just got some Benefit mascara cuz I was out.

Respected Contributor

For camellia oil try:

http://www.urbanchaosusa.com/bathbody/bodyoils/camellia-oil.html

I've been using Paula's Choice AHA for a long time so can't claim that for 2014. Also found JM's Argan Infinity Cream, Intensive Creamy Oil in 2013 and other skincare I've stayed with prior to this year. I am trying some new Skinn products, but it's too early to know if I love them or not.

As far as makeup it has to be Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders.

Super Contributor

I received a tube of L'Occitane rose hand cream today as a gift, and it is LUSH. The fragrance is beautiful and lasts, and the hand cream soaks into my skin and makes it feel juicy.