Respected Contributor

Re: What to use to add sun protection to Skinn cream?

On 1/18/2015 rnmom said:

I bought the SKINN sunscreen SPF 30 off of e-bay, and while I like it, it's not moisturizing enough for me when I'm really dry like I am right now in the winter.

I also have the ASDM moisturizer and it's great for the summer, but I can't use it in the winter for the same reason, way too drying this time of year for me.

I even tried adding some Rose hip seed oil to both of the above products and it helps, but still isn't great.

So, I'm not sure what to do. Use something other than SKINN or try to add the SKiNN spf over top of my stem rejens or something.

I wouldn't care so much but I have some serious melasma and don't want it getting even worse. Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

My suggestion, rnmom, based on what you've provided, is that if you want to incorporate Skinn in the mornings, you first try using the Stem Rejens alone under the sunscreen to see if that provides the additional hydration you seek. If not, try the 24 Hr. YPC using sparingly as it's very emollient, and a little goes a looooong way. I'm hoping the Stem Rejens will do the trick as they are serums and are so good for your skin...even moreso than the YPC and will allow the makeup application you want. Please post back how you make out and I HTH's. Smile

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

Thanks gokat, I will actually try this combo tomorrow and see if it works! I appreciate you trying to help out all us SKINN "newbies"!

Respected Contributor

On 1/18/2015 rnmom said:

Thanks gokat, I will actually try this combo tomorrow and see if it works! I appreciate you trying to help out all us SKINN "newbies"!

Whatever you do, please don't pay full price for the 24 Hr. YPC! Not necessary with the bay just a screen away. Keep in mind that Dimitri will more than likely have it next month ...probably as part of a TTV since he hasn't for a few months now so if you can get by a little longer...Wink I just hate to see new Skinn users have to dish out too much to get started.

Respected Contributor

I got the SKINN mineral sunscreen in a kit awhile back and wasn't particularly a fan (can't remember why now) so I used it on my hands. The 24 Youth Preservation cream is a bit heavy for me to use daytime (but I don't deal with winters as harsh being on the west coast). I currently use DWP Age Reset serum, then the DWP Creme Reverse and a non SKINN SPF over that. Right now I am liking Clarins SPF 40 (which is oil free) but that combo is probably too light for you if you need more hydration. I'm also thinking of trying IT's cc cream and that has SPF 50 in it, so in that case, you wouldn't need any additional sunblock over your moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

gokat-I did check out the bay, thanks, because I don't want to pay full price for the YPC either. I was hoping for a deal on it this weekend but I haven't seen anything great come up yet. I will try to get by for the next few weeks with what I have here. I also have the secret elixer and the Hydro Surge and the Nutri Vial, I've been alternating them at night with my other products, but maybe I can use those with/without the stem rejen also with the SPF that I have and make it work until Feb.
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 rnmom said: gokat-I did check out the bay, thanks, because I don't want to pay full price for the YPC either. I was hoping for a deal on it this weekend but I haven't seen anything great come up yet. I will try to get by for the next few weeks with what I have here. I also have the secret elixer and the Hydro Surge and the Nutri Vial, I've been alternating them at night with my other products, but maybe I can use those with/without the stem rejen also with the SPF that I have and make it work until Feb.

Oh! You HAVE the HS and NV! Good girl! There's another thread currently active ... Skinn Mix that is really moisturizing" where we're talking about those, in case you might want to peruse. If the Stem Rejens alone under the sunscreen doesn't fit the bill, try the HS and NV...1:3 ratio NV to HS. Apply to face, neck, décolleté. Let it absorb and apply the sunscreen over. THEN, if that's still not right you can try the 24 Hr. YPC. We have OPTIONS here! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I know some ladies use the Secret Elixir for daytime, but it is a drier oil so I'm thinking better for evening for you in this case.

Respected Contributor

gokat-thanks, I will go and peruse the other thread. I did use the Stem Rejen this am with the SPF over top and while my skin feels better than it has, I would still prefer just a bit more moisture. This time of year does such a number on my skin, I just feel like a wrinkled up prune. I will try the HS and NV combo with the SPF tomorrow. I figure I got enough stuff here that I should be able to find something that works. And I got Saturday's TTV so I have the lipid infusion coming too.

Honored Contributor

I Use Neutrogena Dry Touch. Sometimes I can find their For Faces only. It's spf 70-100. I've uses sunscreen since my early thirtys. Everyone asks me why I don't have wrinkles to speak of!

Contributor

How about Laura Geller spackle with spf 30? I use that and it takes care of primer and sunscreen in one. Just put in on over your moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I've tried several different primers, not Spackle though, and I just haven't liked any of them at all. I do usually use foundation with sunscreen though