Trusted Contributor
On 3/22/2015 Chicago-girl said: Hi. I stated with 2 pumps mainly on my ends, but it made my hair/ends too sticky. I then reduced it to one pump mixed with RTM - less sticky, but not effective at all.

My hair could not be more opposite of yours, so I won't pretend to know what you are going through. However, I did find it interesting that you found the SC sticky. I use one to two pumps of SC on my fine, thin hair and I have never found it to be sticky. I apply the SC in the shower to soaking wet hair, after applying one to two pumps of CC as a leave-in. I've also used a small amount of SC on my dried hair in the past, trying to smooth all the little flyaways and it was never sticky--it made my hair nice and soft.

How (when) are you applying your SC? No judgement here, I'm just curious. This may sound crazy, but I'm so sick of dealing with my oily hair that I'm sometimes a bit jealous of people with dry hair. The whole "grass is always greener" thing. Even though my hair is a lot less oily with WEN, it's still a problem that I deal with all the time.

Frequent Contributor

I only had the styling cream because it came in a TSV and OTO but I had no interest in it at all. It took me a long time before I even tried it. I have to say, I really like it! I use 2 full pumps of it (my hair is several inches past my shoulders) and I honestly prefer using it v. the CC as the leave in. I only blow dry my hair - I don't use any other heat styling tools - so I like that the styling cream also protects the hair from the heat.

Valued Contributor
On 3/22/2015 Chicago-girl said: Hi. I stated with 2 pumps mainly on my ends, but it made my hair/ends too sticky. I then reduced it to one pump mixed with RTM - less sticky, but not effective at all.
Thank you! Sorry if I missed that in the previous post I was only about half (probably closer to a quarter) of the way awake when I read and replied to your response. I was sort of dosing in and out writing my reply. LOL! I just wanted to be sure to reply to you for answering my questions and thank you. I really appreciate all the information you have given me. Smiley Happy I wish you the best going back to what styling products work for you! My niece who is 13 has the perfect wavy thick hair (of course go figure she wants my hair, lol) and she was here this past summer, we were dining a lot of boating, fishing, just basically on the lake a lot. She had not tried SHP CC or SC until she got to my house. Her hair literally eats the leave in CC and the SC like Cookie Monster devours cookies! Smiley Very Happy The SHP SC was the first one she used where you could feel her hair smooth out as you twisted it in. Thank goodness I had extra! That girl was showering every night just so I would apply her styling products! Haha! Good thing summer is on its way, I probably need more SHP for when she comes to stay this summer so she can take more home with her too. Smiley Happy