Honored Contributor

Re: What to do about a torn ear lobe??

A surgeon can stitch it up good as new. I had a friend who had an earring torn out and her ear lobe was torn in two. It looked awful. It started to heal and looked like two flaps!! She had long ear lobes too. It was almost healed when she saw a surgeon. He opened it up again. They cut a little off each flap end and sewed it up. Looks great/ There is a slight scar. But ever so slight. Her hair covers her ears so no one would ever know. At least it isn't those two flaps!!!

Super Contributor

Agree with go to dr. Especially if puppy paw or mouth touched wound. May need some antibio. Sorry & hope heals well. ~SnowKita
Honored Contributor

This happened to me. Torn ear lobes don't always heal the way we think they will. I had to go to a plastic surgeon who fixed it. It wasn't horribly expensive at the time but it did require a month without earrings.

If you haven't seen a dr yet it's too late for stitches.

Honored Contributor

Why on earth wouldn't the OP go to the doctor at once??? SMH

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Yes, it should be stitched up or everyone will be singing the song,"Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro....." {#emotions_dlg.scared} Even if you waited too long, the surgeon will cut out that part and make a pie shaped wedge in your lobe then stitch it up so you will be as good as new. Voila!

Valued Contributor

Visit the doctor right away, this should not even be a second thought.

Occasional Contributor

Ladies, I found a simple product that prevents this from happening.  It offers support and helps prevent stretching and tearing.  I don't wear earrings without these.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TROPICISLANDJEWELS?ref=search_shop_redirect

Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I've had mine stitched up by a plastic surgeon.  $650.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

One has to wait at least a month before they can get the ears repierced.  It may be 3 months.  I have had mine done twice in the past 15 years.  It's a very quick and simple procedure, but it's expensive.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Its not too late to see a good plastic surgeon.  No scar and good as new results.