Valued Contributor

What to do about a torn ear lobe??

My daughter's puppy accidentally tore out my earring and tore my lobe almost all the way down. I was wondering if this has happened to you? Did you just let it heal, or go to the doctor for stitches??

Valued Contributor

Re: What to do about a torn ear lobe??

If you needed stitches, you only have so long to get that done. You might want to put those bridges on it to get it to heel. I have never had that happen, so I wish you the best.

Honored Contributor

Years ago, I was told that that's the easiest way to re pierce your ear. I saw my pierced ear lobs holes growing and wanting to close, reheal, and re pierce!

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry. I'll bet it hurt badly. I can't imagine.

Super Contributor

Yes twice. Plastic surgeon did the stitches, and it turned out great, and has lasted many years.
Regular Contributor

Happened to me 15 years ago wearing earrings that were too heavy. Torn my ear lobe in 2 parts. Went to ear, eye and throat surgeon and Dr did outpatient surgery. I had stitches for 3 weeks. After 3 months Dr pierced my ear and said I can only wear small post earring for year after surgery and then just light weight earrings. Scar is still there but lobe is together again. Good luck.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies, guess I should get to the doctor! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Plastic surgery....

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Kzeks said:

Plastic surgery....

Maybe you can get a tummy tuck or something else! LOL!

Honored Contributor

I have one ear lobe that is completely ripped. I never felt it but when I took my earrings off apparently the earring was holding my ear together! I think that it had something to do with the medication I was on after my bypass surgery