Honored Contributor

Re: What stops chapped lips??

Respected Contributor

It happened to me too a few years back.  Nothing helped. But regular Vaseline,now I carry a small lip tube of it in any purse just in case. 

Also try to fight it systemically, take Andrew Lessman Skin,Nail, Hair support. It has vit B12 plus other goodies.

Be well!!!

Super Contributor

Use a lip scrub. I use Lush Cosmetics Sugar Scrub ($10). It is messy because they are a semi-natural company, but a little does go a long way.

Respected Contributor

Thank you again everyone...I just bought Aquaphor lip treatment. I'll see how it does, and I'll keep these suggestions in mind too!!
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Dazlin

It could be your diet or other products-

http://www.thealternativedaily.com/chapped-lips-balm-dry-skin/

Thank you for posting this..I read the link, and looked at my Womens One A Day vitamins...there is a much higher level of vitamin A, than suggested on this link.  I'm going to cut back on them, and see if I improve.  

Respected Contributor

Rose Salve is also found at Bath and Body Works as carry Bigelow products.  I also like O`Keefes Lip Therapy but it does have cones for those of you sensitive to those. Carmex comes in a tube now which is nice.  I have tried Eros several times and have not found them moisturizing at all.  

I like Korres lip butter but have to apply often  at home.  The Vaseline NIght time lip therapy at bedtime is great also.

I am also beginning to exfoliate as that makes sense and am also trying Beekman.Have liked Skinn`s lip masque.

Trusted Contributor

Cheryl Lee MD TrueLipids TrueLips lip balm.  

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

I swear by the inexpensive Smith's Rosebud Salve.  Since I started using this stuff back in the late 1990s, I have not had nearly the problem of chapped lips which I used to suffer every winter.  

Exfoliating your lips may help too and there are some nice products on the market which perform this task.  I don't have a particular favorite.

Honored Contributor

I use a humidifier and regular Vaseline at night. 

I also use Vaseline and Nivea lip balms during the day. 

Frequent Contributor

I always had the same problem and then about 3 years ago, I was on vacation in Florida and found Sun Bum brand. It is the same consistency as a coconut oil, the flavors are mango, banana, coconut, pink grapefruit, key lime and pomegranate with a pineapple one coming out next year. Banana is my favorite (their hair care smells like this one and is also amazing). Keylime is just like key lime pie, pink grapefruit is right on target.  They sell on the bay as well, an entire set of 6 for less then twenty five. Needless to say, these are amazing and my problem is solved. I kept them in my beach bag in Hawaii and had a towel over them and they did not melt. Keeps lips soft over night too. These do have flavor, if you do not like flavor, don't get them.  Target and Ulta have them as well. HTH.