Respected Contributor

Re: What soap or bath soap do you use because you love the scent of it?

I love a good soap bar! Creamy, sudsy. non drying & I love it if it scents my entire bathroom with a wonderful scent.

I haven't found that combination. :{

My favorite soap is Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Soap with Frankincense & Myrhh (Someone else mentioned it,) but it doesn't really have much scent.

Thanks for posting this. I will check out some of the soaps that were suggested.

Honored Contributor

I get my soaps from a small local company. They make the soaps out of their kitchen and they sell on-line as well as various local pop-up events and fairs.  I personally know the owner and this is a family business with her husband and grown children. 

They have staple scents as well as seasonal scents and they recently sold some limited edition for a local market event.  The soaps are fantastic.  They smell wonderful, last and don't dry my skin out at all.

I use these along with some Philosphy gels.     

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus @JeanLouiseFinch 

Those Alba Botanica body washes sell for around $15 for 32-oz size at most of the online places. But that's still a bargain. When you can find them for under $10, that's a steal!

I'm in the Vitacost site right now,  it looks like they've changed the packaging to a black bottle.  I hope that's the right one.  

Also, @SilleeMee, have you tried the pineapple enzyme facial cleanser, by chance? 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus @JeanLouiseFinch 

Those Alba Botanica body washes sell for around $15 for 32-oz size at most of the online places. But that's still a bargain. When you can find them for under $10, that's a steal!

I'm in the Vitacost site right now,  it looks like they've changed the packaging to a black bottle.  I hope that's the right one.  

Also, @SilleeMee, have you tried the pineapple enzyme facial cleanser, by chance? 

@JeanLouiseFinch , I have tried that facial cleanser and it was too harsh for my skin.  I have skin on the dryer side and I could only use it a couple times a week.  Once I finished it, I didn't repurchase.  It also burned my eyes something horrible, even if I didn't use it directly on my eyes.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus @JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch , I have tried that facial cleanser and it was too harsh for my skin.  I have skin on the dryer side and I could only use it a couple times a week.  Once I finished it, I didn't repurchase.  It also burned my eyes something horrible, even if I didn't use it directly on my eyes.   

@Lipstickdiva  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus @JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

That black label is actually their old one but it's the same stuff inside as the purple label.

No, I have not tried that enyme wash. I have used their enzyme face mask and it's very good. It's very gentle, too gentle for me however. I need more than an enzyme to do my peeling.

Respected Contributor

Goat Milk Stuff

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus @JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

That black label is actually their old one but it's the same stuff inside as the purple label.

No, I have not tried that enyme wash. I have used their enzyme face mask and it's very good. It's very gentle, too gentle for me however. I need more than an enzyme to do my peeling.

@SilleeMee   Gotcha, thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  @Shanus 

Same stuff inside.

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Wash, French Lavender, 32 fl. oz. -  Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

La Provence shea butter lily of the valley bar soap. It smells so delicate and pretty and leaves my skin moisturized and soft. I sometimes find it at TJ maxx or it is at Fresh Thyme stores or on Amazon. It is a little expensive compared to other bars but lasts way longer than most.