Trusted Contributor

Re: What soap do you use to wash your cosmetic brushes?

I use whatever foaming hand soap is on my bathroom counter for all except eyeliner brush. For that, I swipe it off first with tissue and then clean with Dawn dish soap to get it 100% clean. Anything for my eye gets cleaned after each use.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I use blue Dawn dishsoap....just a tiny drop will do.

@CalminHeart  I agree 100 percent!!  I use the Dawn with the Brush Egg.  Takes seconds to clean your brushes.  I do this once a week on Saturdays.  Doesn't take any time out of your day either.  That brush egg was the best thing I ever purchased to clean brushes.  Along with Dawn it's like magic.  

Valued Contributor

I put mine in the washing machine on gentle cycle & then let them air dry on a dry cloth. If they need shaping after I wash them, then I use a dry wash cloth and re-shape them while they are damp.
Honored Contributor

What ??      No one just throws them in the silverware basket in the dishwasher?    lol

Honored Contributor

Any cruelty-free, gentle liquid soap I have on hand. Nothing special.

Frequent Contributor

I started using coconut oil and it is amazing. It cleans my brushes better than anything else I have tried. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What ??      No one just throws them in the silverware basket in the dishwasher?    lol

@Tinkrbl44 oh I do all the time! it's easy and so sanitary...no worries at all! I even throw in my Trish McEvoy 65.00 brush, no prob...I just run out and buy another after it gets beat Smiley Wink but my Taklon brushes fare best with this cleaning method, last longer then my real hair brushes Smiley Wink

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - yes, I've put my brushes in the dishwasher too, as well as my combs, brushes, and various other beauty tools! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Philosophy Purity 

When Chrisina Carlino used to present it on QVC she'd say it was great to use for cleaning brushes and she was right. I've used it ever since.

Contributor

I use purity made simple my brushes are squeaky clean and it just dissolves the makeup.