Super Contributor

What skin care line has provided results for you?

[ Edited ]

I have been using Elysee for many years with great results.  Recently however, Elysee has not been on the program guide for HSN.  Their products are more reasonable when purchased through the shopping channel but I am wondering if HSN is discontinuing the line.  I am wondering what to transition to if that sadly happens.  I wonder if HSN merging with QVC has anything to do with their eliminating products that were favorites to many.

Honored Contributor

Re: What skin care line has provided results for you?

I agree with you, Elysee is a great line with excellent value for money. Maybe it will come back in some form. Hope so.

The line (the brand that is still available and has products that haven't been reformulated to not work for me anymore) that has provided results for me is Isomers.

My Isomers shopping advice: If you get their products in try me or value kits when they are on sale on Evine or on the Isomers site, you can get fairly reasonable prices. Look for the deals always. And only get the giant bonus sized serums if you already love and use the product every day. Only buy one bonus sized serum at a time. Do not stock up on them, no matter what the salespeople say.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I have used Dr.Denese skincare products for some years now. I love the results. I have very fair, sensitive skin with allergies and issues and am in the 50+ and holding age . I really didn't think that I could get my skin to look as good as it does. These products work for me. I usually stock up when there is a TSV or "deal" or a super size with easy pay. It makes it more budget friendly. 

I've noticed that with these mega corporations and the buying and sellings of some of the major makeup or skin care lines that there seems to be movement of some lines either completely off QVC/HSN and into the beauty stores or only limited items. It's all about the $$$. It's unfortunate but it's business. 

Respected Contributor

@cddh ISOMERS on Evine.  It's a great line.  Very expensive if you don't buy the specials when they are on the program schedule, so I stock up on my favorites when they are there.  

You can get information on their website.  They are in Canada, so it's a dot ca rather than dot com.  You can reach out to the people there by phone or email, and they'll make recommendations for you based on your needs.

For me, it was trial and error.  If you go to the Evine website, and watch the videos for the products you might be able to target the items that are best for you.  I have good skin, but a bit saggy.  I don't think it's any worse than when I started with Isomers many years ago, though.  I recently turned 65.

MY go to products are the Super Serum (night and regular, but I might phase out the regular when I run out.  The night formula, which has retinol, is newer).  I mix those two and use them at night.  During the day, I mix the Glutathiasome, Vitamin C-Stem, and Matrixyl 4-Pur serums.  I only use the serums, no creams.  I also have and love their Mesmer-eze, although I don't use it daily because I use the other serums around my eyes as well as my face and neck.

Super Contributor

I have used Dr. Denese's line for years.  Very pleased with the results,  lets just say I'm over 65.    I haven't used many other lines,  Did try Philosphy, didn't like that at all.   Happy with Dr. Denese, why try any other.  

Respected Contributor

Here’s is what was written in the Newsletter: So it is with a Very Heavy Heart that I have to tell you our plant in Wisconsin is closing and we are moving the manufacturing company to NJ. I’m moving to New York. Elysee has been like our child and John has been with it his entire life, Jenn has been with us 26 years, Ryan also grew up with Elysee. We’ve also had some great employees - some like family who have been with us for many years like Jill! Michelle, Ryan’s fiancé who wasn’t with us for years but dedicated! So we are all struggling with the changes and separation. I would stock up on the great values featured this month. Knowing Manufacturing I would doubt small runs will be carried in the future, you lose money! We love and appreciate all of you and cer- tain products from the 40’s. Some things are beyond our control! Sad I wish that Linda would have let her “Loyal” customers know this in an email........! Very, very sad. I think there might be more to this. There is bad weather in New York and New Jersey during the Winter. Linda does travel a lot for her age. I hope that their products don’t change. Selling the company always changes the products. 😢
Esteemed Contributor

Sunday Reily. 

Honored Contributor

Perricone; nothing close to it for my skin. Heart

Respected Contributor

Skinn and Prai are the best for me. I do like M Asam eye cream.

Super Contributor

The best one right now for me at nearly 70 years old is First Aid Beauty because it's great for dry and sensitive skin.  I've also used Paula's Choice and Philosophy (which is more drying than I like now).  But hands down I love First Aid Beauty.  There is some sold here on QVC but I've also bought it at the local Sephora and direct from the company.