Esteemed Contributor

Re: What skin care line has provided results for you?

@Porcelain wrote:

I agree with you, Elysee is a great line with excellent value for money. Maybe it will come back in some form. Hope so.

The line (the brand that is still available and has products that haven't been reformulated to not work for me anymore) that has provided results for me is Isomers.

My Isomers shopping advice: If you get their products in try me or value kits when they are on sale on Evine or on the Isomers site, you can get fairly reasonable prices. Look for the deals always. And only get the giant bonus sized serums if you already love and use the product every day. Only buy one bonus sized serum at a time. Do not stock up on them, no matter what the salespeople say.

Great Advise @Porcelain!  Isomers is a skincare line that provides the best results for me.

They do bring a lot of "try me" duos and trios in a smaller bottles. Great and inexpensive way to introduce yourself to this wonderful line! You may fall in love with it as much as I do and most importantly - get amazing results! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

When I really got into using a lot of skincare products was when I first started watching QVC in 1993 or so.  I think I started with Tova's skincare (and fragrances, of course) and then went to Dr. Denese which I used faithfully for many, many years.  Of course I had to try many other brands Philosophy, Shiseido, Elysee, Tula, etc.  My two latest brands were/are Algenist and Elemis.  Of the two, I think I like Elemis the best so I am using it for several weeks then will try to "finish up" some of my other brands.  I have no plans to buy more Tula, Algenist or Elysee.  I need to pare down my supplies.  

Respected Contributor

Dermalogica and Josie Maran.

My skin is better now than it was 10 years ago.

Respected Contributor

I use different brands.  I haven’t found one that has everything I need or can use.  

Currently, I am using:

*Biologique Recherche

*Ilike Organic Skin Care

*Isomers

*Josie Maran

*Silk Therapeutics

Esteemed Contributor

My skin has changed a lot due to menopause and it's become drier overall but I still have a somewhat oily T zone and now normal everywhere else on my face. Having said that I am also battling seborrheic dermatitis which means I get flaky skin around and on my nose, chin and sometimes my forehead and so aggressive skin care isn't working for me, it's leaving my skin sensitive.

No one brand is working for me but I have tried to make my skin care non-fragranced where possible. I'm also adopting some of the J-beauty and K-beauty skin care regimens including changing my sunscreens to japanese and korean ones and trying a modified 10 step nightly cleansing routine. I'm not going to use 10 steps but I am using a double cleanse to remove makeup and using hydrating sheet masks. Twice a day I'm applying OTC hydrocortizone and Canesten anti-fungal cream to my T zone area, once in the morning before applying my sunscreen and at night time as the last step. I think my skin has calmed down but it's frustrating for sure! I quit using any AHAs, BHAs, and vitamin C until my face isn't sensitive to these topicals.

Respected Contributor

I am crazy for good skin care...always have been.  And I find that many lines do good things for me so I have fun changing them up.  Two habits that have made a huge difference for my skin in middle age: doing a light peel and/or a purifying mask twice a week plus drinking LOTS of water everyday.  When I slack off on either of these, I can see the difference in just a couple of days.

I do find myself returning again and again to two Mad Hippie products:  the Vitamin A serum (night time) and the Vitamin C serum (day time).

Regular Contributor

I'm 57 and have tried many brands, high end & drug store. Nothing has ever worked as well as Josie Maran's Argan oil. I now use her line & nothing else.  

Respected Contributor

Sad to say nothing has ever really made a difference.  I like the feel of some products on my face and use them because I feel I should but no real difference.  I am always on the hunt for something to clean out my large pores.  I have used all the stuff they say works but just wasted a ton of money.  

Honored Contributor

@cddh   Isomers hands down, on evine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No surprise here, I’ve stayed with my SkinCeuticals since it was available after being researched, formulated and put on the market at Duke University. It has since been sold, but w/ no changes.

It has all the components that work for my skin type. I’ve added acid Peel Pads for extra exfoliation as I’ve gotten older and natural facial oils (neither of which is in their line). I also still use my own prescription Retin A and oil cleanser. Their cleansers required another a second one to remove eye makeup. Oil does both. 

***It’s rare to find one skincare line that suits all your needs. Many women require a combination of products from various lines of skincare.